"That chalky, white 'dust' doesn't taste so good."

wjbader

My 3.5 mo. old Veiled has apparenrly developed quite the palate: she won't eat crickets dusted with the Rep Cal calcium w/o D3 (ultrafine) powder! How have any of you dealt with this? I don't want her to starve, but I don't want her to be calcium-deficient, either.

Thanks in advance!

This might not be as much fun either for some people, but you could also get yourself some liquid calcium and inject it into a feeder or two. When my Charlotte lost her tongue and wasn't eating much to begin with, I had to resort to injecting liquid supplements into the feeders directly. I could pack more punch into one or two feeders (which is all she would eat).

Something more practical though would be to buy higher calcium feeders. Butterworms pack quite a punch as far as calcium, if you add those to the diet and gutload with high-cal foods, you won't need to worry about supplementing AS much.

How much are you using? It should be a very light coating.

Agree. When my chams started refusing dusted feeders I used a lot less and it worked. Think about dusting as something you do over time, not just once in a while. You probably don't need all that much.

Thanks everyone for your input. I went with what many of you suggested and tried Repashy. It worked wonders! Not only does it smell good, it is so finely made and the color is that of a cricket, so instead of white, moving crickets, she got to eat tasty, normal looking food!

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom