Thanksgiving Melleri.

Myerz77

Here's some recent pictures of Torque, he is stubborn and afraid of changes in life. But he often gives hints, like screw you with all this, then he'll eat a superworm and flap his lobes like, maybe this ain't half bad...
IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

We love him dearly

Thankyou :) , WC, got his young nose in my desk drawer from when we brought him home and it was broke to the right, it fell off shortly after, wish he had it still but he looks decent without it i guess.

yeah he looks just fine! where did you get im from? how big is that cage you built? and also just curious.. but what kind of lighting?

wow really big! cool!

It's a linear 10.0? 48" I assume? just one? any 'grow' lights? and a 60w heat lamp you said? or a 60w UVB/heat combo lamp? basking temp seems good. just so long as he can't get close to it...

More near 36 inch, i have it and a 5.0 24 inch with the basking lamp/ uvb lamp, and he can't get near it, hope i'm approved....

More near 36 inch, i have it and a 5.0 24 inch with the basking lamp/ uvb lamp, and he can't get near it, hope i'm approved....

lol... approved..... well that is a lot of UVB. What brand and model is the UVB/heat lamp? I would ditch the 5.0 and replace it with a 6500K color temp tube so your plants grow and I would change out the UVB/heat lamp depending on the brand and type and such...

How close is the 10.0 to his basking perch?

man someones chonies must be alil tight guess you wernt supposed to reply to this thread,,, lol hes got it...

Sorry had a long week and day yesterday, finally got some much needed sleep /yawn, the reptisun 10.0 is 20 inches from his perches the 5.0 is light only as it's over 6 months old, way over, maybe i do need to replace the 5.0 bulb. The hibiscus has been in there since spring and is growing well. The basking light is zoo med 60 watt and i was wrong its uva only, i hardly ever use the with d3 calcium cause of the 10.0 and he gets sun once a week or more if i can.

20" is a bit much.... but you'll still get OK readings because your cage is made with wide open plastic mesh. If you don't have a aluminum foil reflector I would make one... it helps a lot with getting the UV deeper into the cage. at 20" even a 10.0 doesn't have much output. Depending on the age of the 10.0 you may even want to lower to the perch.

The 6500K lamp doesn't just help the plants, it gives more spectrum to the animal.

ok cool ill look into the 6500k lighting and foil reflector, my plants could use better lights

I just installed some of those in my fixtures. They are way brighter than the "plant/aquarium" tubes and also supposed to be better for plants anyway. I really like how bright my cages are now. Thanks for the help, Kevin.

20" is a bit much.... but you'll still get OK readings because your cage is made with wide open plastic mesh. If you don't have a aluminum foil reflector I would make one... it helps a lot with getting the UV deeper into the cage. at 20" even a 10.0 doesn't have much output. Depending on the age of the 10.0 you may even want to lower to the perch.

The 6500K lamp doesn't just help the plants, it gives more spectrum to the animal.

What brand 6500K lamp do you use and what type of hood? Are you talking about running the aluminum foil between the hood and bulb?

I am curious as to what brand as well, my plants grow very well but i'm always looking for upgrades

Back
Top Bottom