Thanksgiving Melleri.

I just installed some of those in my fixtures. They are way brighter than the "plant/aquarium" tubes and also supposed to be better for plants anyway. I really like how bright my cages are now. Thanks for the help, Kevin.

No prob Bob!

What brand 6500K lamp do you use and what type of hood? Are you talking about running the aluminum foil between the hood and bulb?

Yes, I run 'heavy' aluminum foil (thicker cooking foil from the grocery store) between the lamp and the base of the fixture to maximize the amount of light being driected downward from the lamp. UVB does not reflect from many things... reflectors need to be bare shiny metal. Silver paint.... or glossy paint don't reflect. A mirror also will not reflect UVB because light passes through the glass before reflecting off the shiny material on the back side of the glass. The glass filters out the UVB from the light as it passes through.

I am curious as to what brand as well, my plants grow very well but i'm always looking for upgrades

I buy the GE brand from Lowe's. A 6500K and a 5000K lamp side by side, kick butt at making stuff grow.

Back
Top Bottom