Thank you Canvas Chameleons

CarlC

Established Member
Today we had a horrible storm with golf ball sized hail. All 17 cages I had outside were destroyed. 4 lateralis, 2 werneri and 2 sternfeldi all made it. One lateralis was found tonight in a tree.

I am really lucky to have friends like Amanda, Nick and Kyle from Canvas Chameleons. They brought me all the cages they had so I could get everyone in a cage for the night. Thank you for coming to my rescue!

The picture of the hail piece was taken 3 hours after the storm.

037149B1-96CB-43CD-A326-0CC836CA0D68_zpsu6b2u4bw.jpg

5C0B44F5-AF08-4808-9509-7AEB14A18E7E_zpsyh8j5k2u.jpg

CEE8EA1E-2C6B-497E-97FE-679354D78FFC_zpsoa038cqn.jpg

333BA6ED-A655-4791-82F5-F7E22DB0FE2A_zpsyugrpzhp.jpg

D891DF39-5E57-48F5-AA00-551919E32EE8_zps2ac87rlp.jpg

Wow Carl, that is awful. I am glad all your chams are ok and that you have good friends who jump in when needed.

Wow- that is terrible- I'm glad Nick & Kyle were close enough to get your guys and gals set for the night- hope there's no long term stress issues- for any of you-

I'm glad everything ended up in good health, what a scare. Thank god for good people, and that's just what nick and the gang are at canvas chameleons. Good luck with the rest of the restoration around the house.

Scott

Today was a huge mix of emotions for everyone here. First a major storm comes out of no where, damages everyones car and home crazyness. Tow Trucks, ambulance, fire trucks everywhere.

We had a plan before all this happened to meet up with Carl last night and give him his new set of baby cages. I then get a message from Carl, asking if we have any extra cages laying around, that all his cages were destroyed.

We were devastated. He told us about some potential injuries to his chams, and that one was missing. So we packed our cages up and went on over to help out a great friend. We got there and we were in awe, as you can see in the pictures the cages were mangled, his son found one of the cages over 100 yards away! Screen, Track, pots all busted from the golf ball sized hail. It was awful and all we could think about was finding his missing lateralis. So we waited till dark, and the 4 of us were out with flash lights looking for what seemed to be forever, but to no avail.

I wake to a text message this morning that Carl found his missing guy and it was a major sigh of releaf.

Carl, we are more than happy to help you out! Im just happy all your guys made it out okay!!!

You got lucky as did we. I spent hours yesterday covering my cage tops and prepping everyone. Then the stupid storm skipped us. The news for one hour covered nothing else. Then nothing happened. Glad you lucked out and really glad you posted this story. I am currently not ordering from two previous sellers and trying to start up with nick. This gives me confidence that i am making the right choice. I will give him credit, he WILL answer you inquiries. Thanx again, enjoy re-setting up your habitats (not being a smart a**).

So sorry to hear that this happen to you Carl. I'm certainly glad that you found everyone and that they all survived. Thank goodness you live close to Nick and Kyle. So awesome of them to jump in and help out.

Unbelievable!! So glad everyone's okay and you were able to locate them all. What a terrifying experience. I couldn't imagine going through that. You are extremely lucky to live so close to Canvaschams and fortunate to have formed a great friendship with them!

Canvaschams, this type of Good Samaritan work will be the reason why your business becomes so successful. Wish there were more people like you out there!!:)

That is always a worry when keeping them outside but I've been lucky-this was awful Carl! I've never seen anything like this happen before to this extreme. Lucky you have help :) Scary! :eek:

Wow, that's incredible!!!!!! I'm so glad to hear that all chams were safe!!!! And that Canvaschams stepped up to help you out!!!!

Carl, my heart dropped when I saw your text! I felt so bad and I was fearing for the worse. I still don't know how they were all able to survive such a crazy storm. I was reveled to hear they were in better condition than you first thought when we arrived!

How are they doing today, anything swollen or bruised? I'm so glad to hear that you found the male that was missing, I felt horrible leaving last night and not knowing where he was at.

Thank you Carl and everyone else for all the kind words! We are always more than happy to help, especially in a time of need! This is one of the main reasons why we wanted to become a part of the chameleon community, everyone is always there for each other and always willing to help out!

Glad everyone was found and is safe! So awesome that you had someone near by to help with the cage situation! Chameleon stuff is so hard to buy without purchasing it online.

Glad to hear everyone is ok! Its nice to know that there still is awesome people out there! Canvaschams you are awesome people!!! :D

Well I already was a major fan of canvas chameleons, now I'm a GIANT MAJOR fan! Glad every Cham was ok! That is so scary, having been born and raised in Oklahoma just recently moving to Minnesota in January, I am way to familiar with hail/tornados/and devastating storms then I'd like to be. Surviving two of the biggest tornados ever in Oklahoma by just a few houses. Glad you are ok, as well as your chameleons.

Hoping for the continued health of your animals. It's amazing that none were harmed in a storm of that magnitude.

Wow. I am so glad your chameleons are ok. Those cages are just wrecked. Must have been a scary time for them. Good thing you has friends close by to help. That's just crazy.

So glad to hear everyone survived (even the stressed-out humans). I am sad to see the damage and imagine the poor chams' fear, but glad to hear how caring CC showed themselves to be too. Bravo!

Sometimes I'm glad there's no temptation to house anybody outdoors. How would I bear-proof a cham cage anyway? We grow them a bit large around here.

Wow! That had to be one heck of a storm! I'm so sorry that your cages were destroyed, but glad your chameleons all survived. Looking at those bent and twisted cages, I'd say that's a miracle.
Kudos to CanvasChameleons for being such wonderful, caring people and helping in your time of need. :) I hope you and your chams never go through something like this again.

Back
Top Bottom