Temp gun

kodycorduan

Just got it! Thought I'd share with you all.for those that don't have one. Amazon $16. Best thing I've bought there.. And I buy a lot! ! uploadfromtaptalk1365894019779.jpg

Have mine too, love it. My wall mount keeps pretty good track, but it does ease my mind to know I can double check with this one.

How far do you stand while you're testing temps in the cage

I have one and I take them from about a foot or two away. I would really suggest to anyone to get one of these. You can really figure out how your heat gradients look pretty quick. I use it all the time.

Its amazing how fast the cost of these things has dropped recently. A few years ago when I bought my first from ProExotics they were about $100! I can't imagine keeping herps without one. I don't even have thermometers in my enclosures anymore. There is just no reason to waste your money on the little stick on/clip on analog types found at most pet shops these days.

YEs, These guns really have made all other cage thermometers redundant.
If only there was a hygrometer gun!!!!

Actually I don't leave my hygrometer in the cage all the time as some types don't seem to be all that reliable if they sit passively measuring 24/7. The cheaper pet shop analog types are terribly unreliable (lost my first cham believing one). Maybe the sensors get saturated in higher levels or maybe they start growing surface molds? There are models that react to changes in RH pretty fast though. I have one that is a sort of flat pen shaped one that reacts quite quickly once it is turned on (I'll have to look at it to find the maker...can't recall right now). I got it out of a scientific instrument catalog (meteorology/weather...maybe it was Ben Meadows or Forestry Suppliers). I just keep it handy next to the cage, turn it on and put it where I want to check the level in specific areas. In a minute the RH measurement stabilizes to within a degree or two.

Back
Top Bottom