Tell me about Rhampholeon acuminatus (uluguruensis)

c81kennedy

I just ordered a pair of Rhampholeon acuminatus (uluguruensis) and will be getting them in tomorrow. Iv been reseaching for a few days and didnt find too much info. Most of the info Iv found was from 2008. Can anyone tell me alittle about these guys.

Well, first of all Rhampholeon acuminatus and Rhampholeon uluguruensis are two different species that don't look similar. The ones in the add were Rhampholeon acuminatus, which should hopefully help make sure you don't get info on the wrong species. I kept a trio of this species for a long time in a fully planted 18"x18"x24" Exo Terra Glass Terrarium with a drainage layer. Ambient lighting was done with a ReptiGlo 5.0 CF bulb and a 6500K CF bulb. I had ambient temps from 19-23ºC (66-73.5ºF). I provided a basking spot in the front corner of the terrarium with a 60 Watt bulb. I misted a single time per day in this setup and they did extremely well.

Chris

Thanks Chris for the reply. I keep my room at about 72 to 70. I could keep it lower if needed but my crested geckos wouldn't like that much. Do you use UVB for you pygmies. Right now I'm keeping all of mine under jungledawn Led Lights. Iv got one 2.0 uvb over my bearded pygmy tank in a 18x18x24. But don't feel like they have been taking advantage of it. Iv read a lot of your articles and really admire your work.

You are officially the pygmy man! ;)

Wish I could tell ya about them but i don't know much at all...

Lol I'm really loving the pygmies. Iv always had a great love for chameleons but always lost interest because of there cages. When I found out you could keep a chameleon in a terrarium I about flipped. With terrariums I could grow orchids and all kinds of cool plants and create a mini ecosystem. With all this going on it keeps me fascinated and never bored.

Lol I'm really loving the pygmies. Iv always had a great love for chameleons but always lost interest because of there cages. When I found out you could keep a chameleon in a terrarium I about flipped. With terrariums I could grow orchids and all kinds of cool plants and create a mini ecosystem. With all this going on it keeps me fascinated and never bored.

Lol im really starting to like them seeing all of yours and set ups!

You can keep almost any cham in a terrarium ya know ;) Its just a matter of price with the larger species

Back
Top Bottom