Techniques on Giving Liquid Calcium

I'm having the worst luck in the world trying to give my chameleon liquid calcium, it hurts me to pretty much pinch her jaw down and then try to get the syringe in between her two teeth. Is there another way of doing this? Like maybe just a few droplets on the bottom lip? Can they absorb medicine through their skin? Something?
Has anyone else done liquid calcium and how much luck have you had???

Lynx not that badly ill but she needs to get better with the syringe meds!

Advice for Giving Medication! Please~

i have successfully given liquid calcium in small doses by doing .1ml at a time by running the tip of it along the gums of the cham and depressing the plunger. back up, allow swallowing and lip licking and finish medicating as is. it can cause bruising if done too forcefully.

i have successfully given liquid calcium in small doses by doing .1ml at a time by running the tip of it along the gums of the cham and depressing the plunger. back up, allow swallowing and lip licking and finish medicating as is. it can cause bruising if done too forcefully.
Thank You!!!
I will try that! Yes I was very scared of hurting her... Bruising :(

I had luck with giving our Cham liquid calcium using a clear dropper, you can get the liquid to move and they will focus and aim for it thinking its food.

Back
Top Bottom