taoxdermy chameleon

jrh3

Established Member
has anyone ever thought about taking their dead cham to a taxadermy and get a mount make of your past away chameleon.

The thought crossed my mind when I had my male sugar glider. I got him cremated though. My first female chameleon (Lily) was cremated too. Her little box of ashes lives above her cage that Amy now lives in.

I think it would be way too creepy to have a cham stuffed. I don't think they would look quite the same or as you remember them.

Good luck finding a Taxidermy with the proper body, eyes, etc. They de-skin the dead animal and place the skin only over a plastic body. Then they pick fake eyes, claws, lips, etc. and insert those. They don't stuff 'em! :p

As a biology student who already has lots of bones and skulls in my collection of interesting natural things, I have thought about having my chameleon's skeleton cleaned and mounted in a really beautiful way. Maybe on a branch screwed into a pretty base with a name plaque. But I don't know if I would do it with my own pets... it seems more inappropriate? Not sure. I'd have to be in the position of one of my boys dying to say or sure.

But stuffed? na. They would never look as good. You're better off cremating them, and then having a little statue of them made and painted to put on the box of ashes.

Back
Top Bottom