Tanzania export closed !?

casperpetersen

I have heard the Tanzanian government have closed the export due to some smuglers was caught smugling a massive nubers of animals...!?

I can't seem info about the incident so ...I really hope it´s just a bad joke ?

do You knnow anything ?

In November will be a meeting between the authorities and the wildlife exporteurs. For them this action can destroy their work, so I think they will do everything to help the authorities in the investigations

"The stolen wildlife included four giraffes, 68 gazelles, two impalas, four ground hornbills and two lappet-faced vultures, police said."

sad stuff rite there.

I know it's not the right time an everything but how in the world do you steal a giraffe?

Seems heads of Dept were involved in the "smuggle".

They may very well have been shipped in plain sight with "proper" paperwork. No1 took notice because it seemed like a normal export, a LARGE one, but within guidlines.

They may very well have been shipped in plain sight with "proper" paperwork. No1 took notice because it seemed like a normal export, a LARGE one, but within guidlines.

Of course some guys were involved, the whole world is corrupt, and at least in this category, Africa is leading !

Seems like wonderful news to me. Maybe this means they will be putting more consideration into the habitat and status of their wildlife. If they would stop all exports and clamp down heavily on illegal smuggling, that would be great.

Unless this shipment were going to a game reserve or several zoos. Who's going to want or have room for 68 gazelles and a giraffe. You'd have to be pablo escobar to afford something like that. Unfortunately because of someones greed we can no longer get chameleons from Tanzania because of this. Reptiles were not involved in any way, why hurt the companies that export reptiles? They havent violated the rules. Really lame....

We dont really need to export (or even own for that matter) reptiles. Better management of wildlife could help with populations. Then, I imagine it would eventually be easier to get animals that can only be obtained as "F1" imports.

Unless this shipment were going to a game reserve or several zoos. Who's going to want or have room for 68 gazelles and a giraffe. You'd have to be pablo escobar to afford something like that. Unfortunately because of someones greed we can no longer get chameleons from Tanzania because of this. Reptiles were not involved in any way, why hurt the companies that export reptiles? They havent violated the rules. Really lame....

So you have never heard of a Chameleon being smuggled illegally?:rolleyes:

It's all about supply and demand. Im sure if they had not got caught and the next demand was 1000 Chams. It would be a plane full of smuggled Chams being flown out !!

Best way to maderate this situation is to nip it in the butt on ALL fronts.

exactly smuggling these days isnt hiding animals its all paperwork and stamps

So you have never heard of a Chameleon being smuggled illegally?:rolleyes:

It's all about supply and demand. Im sure if they had not got caught and the next demand was 1000 Chams. It would be a plane full of smuggled Chams being flown out !!

Best way to maderate this situation is to nip it in the butt on ALL fronts.

By banning all legal exports? Is that what you mean by nip it in the butt. Well Criminals are still going to export no matter what the law says. So yea makes a lot of sense to ban the actual businesses that legally spend and depend on this.

Yea outlaw exporting all together from Africa, that will make a poor country even poorer. IF they want to sell their animals for cash to live thats them. Yes regulating is nice to preserve the well being of species, but to outlaw is a joke and not anything we should have a say in which Im glad we don't. Thats like them telling us to stop having so many factories and selling weapons :D

Back
Top Bottom