PART OF MY TIME LIVING IN TANZANIA NEED ADVICES.

Raf-Chameleon

Dear Team,
I discovered your forum this week.
I have just opened a medical company in Tanzania which allows me to be there every month or every two months. I have a house in Dar Es Salaam with employees which allows me to plan to have animals and people who can take care of them without too many constraints.
I would have liked to have Chameleons from Tanzania, and to breed them if possible.
Can you advise me on an easy-to-maintain Tanzanian hope? nurture, nurture, sustain?
If anyone has any specific advice with experience.
Regards,
Raphael (born French)

Dear Team,
I discovered your forum this week.
I have just opened a medical company in Tanzania which allows me to be there every month or every two months. I have a house in Dar Es Salaam with employees which allows me to plan to have animals and people who can take care of them without too many constraints.
I would have liked to have Chameleons from Tanzania, and to breed them if possible.
Can you advise me on an easy-to-maintain Tanzanian hope? nurture, nurture, sustain?
If anyone has any specific advice with experience.
Regards
Raphael (born French)
I think what you are asking is what is a Tanzania chameleons species that can not offer to much husbandry difficulty and be kept and bred in captivity. I would recomend Trioceros deremensis, Chamaeleo dilepis, and Kinyongia multituberculata. Kinyongia multituberculata may be difficult or not to acquire since the species was recently listed as an Endangered species. However Trioceros deremensis, Chamaeleo dilepis, and Kinyongia multituberculata thrive in captivity when provided appropriate conditions.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Good morning,
Thank you for your reply.
(I'm not a native English speaker so I use Google to make fewer mistakes, even though I speak English.)
I am 50 years old and 30 years ago I was "specialized in South African turtles" I was the only one in Europe I think to have Homopus Signatus Cafer... friends had Pixis Arachnoides.
But I had to stop breeding for professional reasons and I gave my turtles to this friend.
I am therefore aware that humidity is an important factor for the animal.
The doubt I have is whether the humidity of Dar Es Salaam is adequate for the species you mentioned to me. My early research shows that the Chameleons of Tanzania are in mountainous and wetter areas than Dar. I don't want to see my animals die. The goal is to have a simpler maintenance because closer to their natural conditions.
If you have additional information, in particular if a species corresponds better to the region of Dar Es Salaam.
Otherwise thank you for sending me the name of the species, I will do some research.
Regards,
Raphael

The Trioceros Swainson, should be suitable for Dar Es Saalam, we find it in the region.
I will investigate.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 17.05.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 17.05.40.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Hello Jeremy,
At the airport I have found a book about Est African reptiles and I have found this species who could be in the region of Dar es Salaam,
I will buy the book next trip and updated the species present in the region of Dar it was 2 more as far as I remember. Anyway I will go on the field to investigate.
I could take only one picture... the owner of the shop has not let me take others... it make sense...
Chameleon Dilepis

Attachments

• CHAMELEO DILEPIS.JPG
    CHAMELEO DILEPIS.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 40
I did not locate any information about Trioceros Swainson. To me from the information posted above Trioceros swainson looks to be an outdated nomenclature.

Chamaeleo dilepis is the species in the book and is one of the three species I recomended. That is a great species to keep in the hobby.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom