Tanzania allowing exports again?

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
According to First Choice Reptiles' Facebook page, Tanzania is no longer banning wildlife exports from the country. Here is the post they put- "Who's in the mood for some good news? TANZANIA IS ONCE AGAIN OPEN FOR EXPORT!!! For those of you who were unaware, no one has been able to receive shipments from Tanzania for months now due to a full livestock shipping embargo on the nation. As of today, however, they are once again open for business, meaning all of the Chameleons, and East African exotics you know and love us for will once again be available for us to bring to YOU! You all can rest assured that we'll be gettin' auwn it immediately. Yeeaaa!"

I hope this is true, and they do decide to allow animals to leave the country, as I missed out on the last shipment on a species I REALLY wanted to get.

LPR08

I was just talking to someone yesterday that said their importer/experter was going to be personally going there in a couple of weeks because of that very same news.

Oh yeah that's so great. :mad: Now tons of animals can suffer and die when they are collected and transported halfway across the earth.

Can anyone tell us how long it takes these guys to reach safe homes? Can anyone say how many die in the process?

This anger is directed at anyone who keeps a menagerie of WC species (one or two of each but not enough to breed and sell CB). Why do you need your own personal zoo? Why the variety? What happened to your attention span?

In response to this historic disaster I will sell you a captive bred Tanzanian chameleon for $10 less than advertised for wild caught. I don't care if they are going for $20. Contact me before you buy anything from Tanzania. Not a single one of my animals has died in shipping.

That said, if you can't resist buying something stolen from its home in Africa and locked in a rickety ship, please contact The Kinyongia Chameleon Keepers and try to cooperate in the captive reproduction of your purchase so that its life can serve some purpose.

offer valid while supplies last

Seeco I get your point!! If I was going to get a K. Multi you would be my first and only pm/call. I would never dream of getting a WC animal unless it was adding genetic diversity to my breeding project that I couldn't get CB. All that said I really hope that now that it is open some Gfishers come in to add genetic diversity to the great CB breeding projects going on now for the first time in the US. But you are right it's a high price to pay.

Back
Top Bottom