T. Montiums hatched TODAY!

tucc185

My first clutch of T. montium made their way out of the egg today, somewhat unexpectedly! While I knew they were due to hatch, the eggs showed no signs of sweating, etc. and I'm fortunate that I happened to check on them today after checking yesterday with no change. Eggs were laid 1/25 from my LTC female and incubated in a closet at 68-75 F (gradual upswing as it got warmer here in FL). All emerged robust and very active, in some cases only taking a few minutes to come out of the egg fully and start exploring the incubation cup. I've moved them all to an enclosure I set up for them (max temp of 78, ambient 75, humidity >70%) and they appear to be doing great.

Attachments

• BabyMontium.jpg
    BabyMontium.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 243
  • MontiumEggs.jpg
    MontiumEggs.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Montium.jpg
    Montium.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 206
Put me on your list of potential buyers. I kept them back in 97 and I loved the babies, they are incredible animals.

Thanks everyone! They're all looking great so far, still waiting for the last egg. Off to get some flies and then hopefully I'll be able to get some decent pics :D
The best part is that mom's gravid with another clutch and due to lay any day now so there should be even more babies in the near future!

The best part is that mom's gravid with another clutch and due to lay any day now so there should be even more babies in the near future!

that is awesome!! It would be wonderful for the captive community to have more offspring hatching regularly. Good luck and good job! :D Many pics are required! ;)

Back
Top Bottom