T. fuelleborni set up...

AJA

Established Member
I got a 1.1 F1 pair in earlier this month and set them both up in a 15 x15 x 18 screen cage. They have two large pothos plants to hide and hunt bugs in, but thought perhaps her weight and gasping could be due to stress.
When the day is warm they go outside, but stay inside most of the time with a UVB and an incandescent. Misted heavily twice a day.

Last Friday I was concerned the female may have started URI, but she is no longer 'gasping'. I weighed them both and the male has gained weight (2 grams for a total weight of 5 grams) but she has maintained 2 grams.

I am now wondering if the female is stressed living with the male? Time for seperate living quarters?

Opinions please.

From what I've read about this species, they are similar territorial as incornutus, laterispinis and tempeli. So it's probably better for their health if you seperate them. As well visual barriers will help too

i keep mine only whit florescent tube,a lot of vegetation and hig umidity.
when temperature are ok(more 5-6° at night and more 18° day)i keep them outdoor.they have sun only 2-3 hour in the morning.when are outdoor have a loto of misting during all day.
female are very difficolt,especially during pregnancy:i had lost two my female in this time.
female and male mustn't live together.

Thanks for the input. I know to keep them seperate as they got older but didn't think at this age it would make a difference. Guess I was wrong. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom