SWOLLEN EYE. HELP!

RamboDaCham

About four weeks ago I removed this string from my Chameleon’s eye and I’m sure it did not break off and leave anything in there. Since then he has been acting normal: sleeping, eating, movement. The eye I removed the string from though is extremely swollen and he cleans it constantly. It gets better throughout the day but is the worst when he first wakes up. I need advice please!!

Attachments

• 4ECD7DDD-CEE1-4B86-95C5-37BA3507A231.jpeg
    4ECD7DDD-CEE1-4B86-95C5-37BA3507A231.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 88
Post clear pictures of his eye. When it looks 'Fine' and in the morning when you say it is bad.

The irritation and constant rubbing might have caused an infection which will need some sort of medication. You should probably take him to an experienced vet. But get those pictures here ASAP.

Post clear pictures of his eye. When it looks 'Fine' and in the morning when you say it is bad.

The irritation and constant rubbing might have caused an infection which will need some sort of medication. You should probably take him to an experienced vet. But get those pictures here ASAP.[/QUOT

The irritation and constant rubbing might have caused an infection which will need some sort of medication. You should probably take him to an experienced vet. But get those pictures here ASAP.
Could I use anything to clean out his eye because a vet is a difficult option for me due to where I live an experienced one is almost 4 hours away

Could I use anything to clean out his eye because a vet is a difficult option for me due to where I live an experienced one is almost 4 hours away
You might call a closer vet and ask if they might know enough to give you something for your chams eye...but honestly you need to take it to a reptile vet. This is something that needs to be considered before getting any reptile. To make your trip worthwhile they could do a fecal (gather fresh poo and urate in a plastig bag). You must realize your cham could go blind if he doesn't see a vet soon or the infection could spread.

This is his eye after he’s been awake for a while. It’s the one to the right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom