Sweet success!

Edward Kim

Established Member
So it's that time of the year again! I was cleaning the cages today and noticed my 6 month old Meru bobbing his head at an older female. So I put them together and let nature take its course. Should be expecting babies in ~6 to 8 months (hopefully).

Ed

Attachments

• mating 1.jpg
    mating 1.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 158
  • mating 2.jpg
    mating 2.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 198
  • mating 3.jpg
    mating 3.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 143
  • mating 4.jpg
    mating 4.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 160
Beauties!! I didn't take her long to darken up. I have been flip flopping back and forth between these and rudis for my next chams. Do you have any ideas on the subject? I only have one montane species at the moment. Most of my experience has been with veiled and panthers and rudis several years ago. You should enter one of those in the contest. David

David,

Both are absolutely amazing creatures. Although most of my experience with wc specimen IMHO don't seem to last long in captivity. All my current Meru's are cb or cbb and are hardy even in California's hot summers. All the wild caught Meru's i've purchased either never made it passed the hot summer, sucomb to disease or had major hunger strikes. If you plan on getting a Meru I would go cb all the way. If you wait I could provide you a neonate. :)

Ed

Please keep me informed. I'm in no hurry and whatever I get will be CB. My experience with WC has not been good either.

Now there is something you don't see often enough in captivity. Congrats on the pairing and good luck. Definitely keep us posted on how things progess with that lovely lady.

Cheers,
t

Thanks for the support folks. I will definitely keep you guys updated.

Ed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom