supplementing baby panther

eppcheck

I have a very healthy baby panther chameleon that hatched in January. I've been feeding him alot of fruitflies and occasionally gutloaded pinhead crickets. I'm just wandering what kind of supplementing would be recommended for this young of a panther. He is now regularly getting into small crickets so dusting is an option now. I have all the supplments that I use for my veiled. This includes repcal calcium w/d3, repcal calcium wo/d3 phosphorous FREE, AND reptivite.

Should I have the same supplementing schedule as my 5-6 month old female veiled?

So I ask, the all mighty chameleonforum, whats recommended?

I dust at most feedings with a phos.-free calcium powder. Because hatchlings get fed more often than adults, they will get calcium more often...but the insects will always have that poor ratio of calcium to phos...so it would still be right IMHO.

I dust twice a month lightly with a phos.-free calcium/D3 product and twice a month with a vitamin powder with a beta carotene source of vitamin A.

I dust at most feedings with a phos.-free calcium powder. Because hatchlings get fed more often than adults, they will get calcium more often...but the insects will always have that poor ratio of calcium to phos...so it would still be right IMHO.

I dust twice a month lightly with a phos.-free calcium/D3 product and twice a month with a vitamin powder with a beta carotene source of vitamin A.

Yeah, this is similiar to what I do with my juvenile Veiled. I was just wandering if there are any diffrences between supplmenting schedules for a 2 month young panther. Anything diffrent I should know about or should I supplement the same as my 5-6month female veiled?

Back
Top Bottom