Suggestion for Feeding Crickets

ToniandGizmo

I thought I would share how I feed my crickets their moist foods (fruits and vegetables). Hands down I think they are the worst as far as keeping, but my panther loves them so they're here to stay.

In the past I used paper plates to put their fruits and veggies on (as well as their water cubes). The plates always absorbed the moisture by the next day and I hated touching them when I had to replace them.

I figured out that I can put their moist foods in a plastic baggie and just roll the edges down so that the crickets can reach it. I make up a weeks worth of food and keep in the fridge until I'm ready to use it. To replace it, I just grab the edge of the baggie and toss it in the trash.

Below is a pic of the food. It contains shredded apple, carrot, potatoe, orange peel and water cubes.

Attachments

• FeedingtheFeeders.JPG
    FeedingtheFeeders.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 83
I've been using discarded jar, yogurt, whatever, lids for food.
They tend to run out though, so this totally works for a pinch.

I don't shred my food for my crix, should I?

I cut the top off from a 16 ounce disposable beverage cup, and put food in that. same with the water. when it gets too icky, I toss it and make another

I cut the top off from a 16 ounce disposable beverage cup, and put food in that. same with the water. when it gets too icky, I toss it and make another

All good ideas, but the other reason for the baggies is that I can make batches of food ahead of time (for the week), and store it till I'm ready to use it.

All good ideas, but the other reason for the baggies is that I can make batches of food ahead of time (for the week), and store it till I'm ready to use it.

Now, that is what I am talking about. Awesome time saver, while keeping the gutload constantly fresh. I may employ this technique now.

Back
Top Bottom