Such thing as a no-clog system?

Randi

Hello,

I initially purchased my first Mistking system for my first chameleon. After several months, the system clogged, and since I did not realize it was just the nozzle, I purchased an entirely new system. Then, I purchased extensions to hook up my other chameleon cages (which I have yet to do). I replaced the nozzle, and now the new nozzle is clogged. Mistking makes a great system but I cannot replace these nozzles over and over for the life of me. The system is a push-pull system and I can't get this latest nozzle off, so I'm just stuck. Not to mention, I am tired of replacing my nozzles every few months.

Does anyone have any other ideas of a system I could use that doesn't clog, perhaps one that uses big drops like a rainmaker I could place on the top of the cage? I am actually almost certain that I purchased the rain dome with my last Mistking but I can't seem to find it anywhere so I'm just not going to mess with it anymore and jump ship to a new system.

Thanks!

were you using RO water? have you tried soaking the nozzle in 1:1 vinegar/water solution or something similar? (i would wait for someone else to answer) We have an aquazamp and really like it so far.

were you using RO water? have you tried soaking the nozzle in 1:1 vinegar/water solution or something similar? (i would wait for someone else to answer) We have an aquazamp and really like it so far.

Ohhh no I haven't tried soaking it! I read another post to try CLR but that scares me a bit; even after cleaning it, it seems a bit risky...

If you use tap water it'll keep happening. Try investing In a reverse osmosis system, you can get them fairly cheap On Ebay/Amazon. Plus it's better for the Chams.

I found its best to use distilled water if you cant afford an RO system. I used distilled for the specific reason that it never clogs.

Back
Top Bottom