substraight and moss

Dinky

can it hurt a cham to have him eat some substraught or moss the feed cup got knobked over he was a little too excited and he got some cricket and some extra tasty cocohusk and moss lol

can it hurt a cham to have him eat some substraught or moss the feed cup got knobked over he was a little too excited and he got some cricket and some extra tasty cocohusk and moss lol

A little wont hurt, but if he eats too much he could have a chance of impaction

Remove both from his enclosure. There is no need for moss or substrate. And yes, ingesting either could potentially cause problems.

well i cant remove it cause i live in vegas and its either that or some seriously dry skin and i would love some advice for an enclosure in dry climate cuase a screen enclosure i dont think would really work to well

Site sponsors Tiki TIki are locaged in Nevada there and they keep chams with no issues. Try contacting them. Substrate is dangerous as it can cause impaction. Glass cages are also dangerous. Try taping platic sheeting to your screen cage on 2 sides, fill the screen cage with approved live plants, and you should be good to go with 3 good mistings daily.

that was the plan and i have some materials waiting to try that what do you think about about 3 glass sides and 2 screen in the front and on top?? i just really want to get out of this glass cage but dont want to redo the new cage once i have it completed

We live in Vegas too and only use screen cages. If you have plenty of real plants and mist three times a day (for at least 5 minutes each time you should be fine. We are able to keep our humidity at least at 55 this way. If this does not work, as Julirs said, hang something like a plastic shower curtain around three sides of the cage or use a cool mist humidifier in the room. I don't really see a need for a glass enclosure at all.

Back
Top Bottom