Stressed or Sick?

Kam0408

Established Member
So I have had my cham since the beginning of September and he has ALWAYS been so dark the only time he is light colored is when he sleeps!
He is ok with handling and LOVES going outside but I just don’t know why he’s always dark.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 3728F0A7-4E38-4045-B247-8B2D06193D38.jpeg
    3728F0A7-4E38-4045-B247-8B2D06193D38.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1355F5BB-A1CD-4C31-8646-A9507E94C790.jpeg
    1355F5BB-A1CD-4C31-8646-A9507E94C790.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 5352FC59-26F0-4029-8B69-D388D38F4EE8.jpeg
    5352FC59-26F0-4029-8B69-D388D38F4EE8.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 52DF8DEE-0E13-4F09-B30B-B840741AB372.jpeg
    52DF8DEE-0E13-4F09-B30B-B840741AB372.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 7810F8D1-7648-486F-B012-2084B49FE89D.jpeg
    7810F8D1-7648-486F-B012-2084B49FE89D.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 71
Here are some more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 53
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful
Veiled chameleon
7 months
Male
Handle 1-2 times every other day
5 feeders every other day
Crickets roaches super worms hornworms
Vitamin- calcium d3 and without and multivitamin
Feed without d3 every feeding and every Tuesday I switch from d3 to multivitamin
Water I water 2-3 times a day for 1-2 mins
Fecal- white/ little orange irate and nice solid brown poop
History got from pet store has mbd on leg a little
Cage is screen 17/17/32 I know it’s to small I’m getting a bigger one soon
Lights
T5ho 5.0 uvb and 75 watt basking
Only live plants money and pothos tree and vine
In Texas

Okay what is the temperature and humidity in his enclosure? How do you think has MBD are you giving him medicine and did you go to the vet? Does he come willingly on your hand or are you taking him out by yourself?

Most of the photos you posted are of him outside of his enclosure... He might be stressed
Another reason they turn dark is if they're cold. Please let us know what his basking temps are as well as temp in the rest of the enclosure.

Well even when he is in his enclosure he is always so dark even when we got him.
The temps are from low 70 to higher 80s
The humidity is around 45-50 %

I talked with beman and she told me he had it we had a whole conversation and I’m not giving meds or taken to a vet but we talked to over

Yeah maybe it’s on my wish list for a dragon strand
My dad might be getting it for me

I was hoping that I could build a 3-3-6 but I don’t think that I will be able to do it might just be a 2-2-4

Back
Top Bottom