Him sleeping is so much lighter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 64
To me he is not that dark, normally they get brighter due to excitement, heat or pissed off. He looks more in the neutral middle of coloration, not to dark or bright. He most likely would be dark when he sleeps if it was an issue. Put a mirror in front of him and see if he gets really bright and pops his bright greens and yellow. Dont do this normally, but you can to see his pop colors.

To me he is not that dark, normally they get brighter due to excitement, heat or pissed off. He looks more in the neutral middle of coloration, not to dark or bright. He most likely would be dark when he sleeps if it was an issue. Put a mirror in front of him and see if he gets really bright and pops his bright greens and yellow. Dont do this normally, but you can to see his pop colors.
Ok but during the day he gets super dark not just when he sleeps

So this is one of those things.... Veileds resting colors are typically deeper and muddy looking. To have one showing bright colors all the time actually implies more of a stressed response... Like the image of my male that you commented on that is of him firing up. You will see a lot in the photo contest images of stunning males showing their colors. These are not resting colors these are fired up due to them seeing either another cham or the camera you have in their face.

Ok so he is ok and not stressed he is just a darker cham?
More then likely he is just fine. Their genetics play a part in their resting colors too I believe. If you look at my albums. Beman's shows his resting colors are always that muddy looking duller colors... Then Bane while he does not always fire up his resting colors are a bit brighter but I know his genetics are better. Bentley my baby has some very interesting resting colors because he has been showing his bars and pattern much more clearly as he matures. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/albums/users/beman.54198/

So your tell tell sign is if husbandry is correct and your providing everything they need then your going to be seeing the normal resting colors rather then stressed.

They will get darker when basking. It is something that IMO is individual to the Veiled. So learning their behaviors watching for what is their normal will help you as he matures.

Back
Top Bottom