Strange coloration on Momma

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
Momma has had some very strange coloration over the last couple weeks, never seen anything like this on her before. It’s almost a combination of receptive and PJs I’m not sure what to make of it.
95E835BA-E99C-452C-880C-E9A45C531F14.jpeg
90F0369E-A6A2-4C80-B6A1-AB6A53C7C5E0.jpeg
4798AFBC-CE85-476D-A40A-DD5817EFF07D.jpeg

Not sure whats going on but I love the colors! Between you and @jannb you guys always catch my attention with the female veileds. They are so beautiful when they get these colors and they have such an amazing pattern when gravid.

Ya know she has those same black markings in the pic with Ty. They just appear to be much deeper in color in the first pics...

When was her last lay? My female panther flashed real pretty neons when she was 3-4 sheds after her clutch. I feel like her colors change a decent amount with each shed and each month that passes. She's a really beautiful girl you've got!

How old is she?
She’s not getting to hot is she?

I’m a little worried about the lighter colors since they are not normal for her. My girls have changed colors with age but darker colors. If she were mine, I’d take her for a good check up with X-rays and bloodwork.
Does she keep her mouth open like that all the time?

I’m a little worried about the lighter colors since they are not normal for her. My girls have changed colors with age but darker colors. If she were mine, I’d take her for a good check up with X-rays and bloodwork.
Does she keep her mouth open like that all the time?
Good eye! No I opened the viv door, she was expecting food and pre-loading her tongue. She won’t take her eyes off my hands if they are in her viv.

Ya know she has those same black markings in the pic with Ty. They just appear to be much deeper in color in the first pics...
Yes but they aren’t nearly as defined or prominent there. They have developed a lot more over the last year. She’s still acting normal, alert, you can see her actively tracking my hands in the second pic. Other than the colors, nothing indicating that something MIGHT be off. Honestly I don’t believe these colors are a warning sign for anything. Just interesting.

Last edited:
Yes but they aren’t nearly as defined or prominent there. They have developed a lot more over the last year. She’s still acting normal, alert, you can see her actively tracking my hands in the second pic. Other than the colors, nothing indicating that something MIGHT be off. Honestly I don’t believe these colors are a warning sign for anything. Just interesting.
Maybe they are just more mature coloring... Since she is 2 now?

Back
Top Bottom