Strange behavior

I started reducing the feeding this morning. I hope if she does have eggs that there's not too many. maybe I will get lucky and it’s just her receptive colors so I still have time to help her not have a huge clutch. but just in case I will add a sheet over her cage for privacy. I will make sure it doesn’t cover up the bottom screen at all. The test hole I made is still holding strong So that's good. Thanks for all your help. I get paid this week so tomorrow I’m gonna make her a vet appointment just to be extra careful if she doesn’t have a respiratory infection. I'd rather take her now then have it sneak up on me plus they can check for eggs and then I will know for sure if she needs to lay. I kind of feel like if I don’t know for sure that I’m going to worry every day she doesn't lay. I'll keep you posted on what we find out.
Good just do not cover the top screen or bottom screen. Cut a slit in it so you can peek in.
Make sure the vet is a reptile vet and familiar with Chams. If they are not they can cause her harm by not knowing. Typically they will do an X-ray to check for eggs. They should not need to run bloodwork or give any type of injections. Do have them check for the possibility of an RI though. Good to be sure on that one. 😄

Good just do not cover the top screen or bottom screen. Cut a slit in it so you can peek in.
Make sure the vet is a reptile vet and familiar with Chams. If they are not they can cause her harm by not knowing. Typically they will do an X-ray to check for eggs. They should not need to run bloodwork or give any type of injections. Do have them check for the possibility of an RI though. Good to be sure on that one. 😄

I'm sorry I have so many questions for you but I went to check on her and she got pissed I was close to cage and threatened me to get away. When she had her mouth really opened I noticed the corners of her jaw. I don't know if they are swollen or this is just muscle but I snapped a picture just in case. Could you please check it and let me know. We do have an emergency vet near me if I have to try to take her in today but I obviously don’t want to take her to the emergency vet if this is normal anatomy. Thanks

Attachments

• A5EA4BE8-8CC2-4C83-87DE-943045A50D1E.jpeg
    A5EA4BE8-8CC2-4C83-87DE-943045A50D1E.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 80
I'm sorry I have so many questions for you but I went to check on her and she got pissed I was close to cage and threatened me to get away. When she had her mouth really opened I noticed the corners of her jaw. I don't know if they are swollen or this is just muscle but I snapped a picture just in case. Could you please check it and let me know. We do have an emergency vet near me if I have to try to take her in today but I obviously don’t want to take her to the emergency vet if this is normal anatomy. Thanks
Everything looks normal to me but it has been some time since I had a Panther. I am going to tag in others. But yes she is pissed. I could tell in the earlier pic as well because she is flashing you red on her gulular area (throat).
@MissSkittles @ERKleRose @kinyonga @jamest0o0 @snitz427 Is this Normal mouth color in the OP's pic above? I am not seeing anything abnormal but it has been awhile since I had my Panther.

Everything looks normal to me but it has been some time since I had a Panther. I am going to tag in others. But yes she is pissed. I could tell in the earlier pic as well because she is flashing you red on her gulular area (throat).
@MissSkittles @ERKleRose @kinyonga @jamest0o0 @snitz427 Is this Normal mouth color in the OP's pic above? I am not seeing anything abnormal but it has been awhile since I had my Panther.
Thanks. I don’t think she likes that I gave her a less food today. She keeps walking to her feeding cup and looking in like bugs are going to magically appear. I swear she thinking "the only thing you were good for was giving me bugs and now you've went and screwed that up too. Wtf" lol

Thanks. I don’t think she likes that I gave her a less food today. She keeps walking to her feeding cup and looking in like bugs are going to magically appear. I swear she thinking "the only thing you were good for was giving me bugs and now you've went and screwed that up too. Wtf" lol
In the end it is what is best for her though. I do not have the hands on experience but I am really wondering if she is not either receptive or gravid. The personality can change with a female. But also with a male when they know they should be breeding rather then eating lol

The mouth looks good to me.

The mouth looks good to me.
Thank you. i’ve never had a Chamaeleon but I’ve seen on these posts How quickly things can go bad. And how long they hide being sick. I’m going take her to the vet this week such to do check up and make sure she doesn't have a RI or eggs. her strange behavior just had me really worried since it’s a holiday I can’t get into the vet unless it was an emergency. I think I’ll feel better once I have an established vet for her. Even if she does have eggs already at least I will know and can keep a closer eye out from a distance of course. Hopefully she’s just receptive and the reduction in feeding will help prevent a large number of eggs.

Humidity is a bit high for daytime. I would try to stick closer to the 50% mark.
From what I’ve heard, 45-70% is good for daytime panthers? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure chameleon academy recommends 50-70%. I keep mine at 50-60%, so I’d like to know.

From what I’ve heard, 45-70% is good for daytime panthers? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure chameleon academy recommends 50-70%. I keep mine at 50-60%, so I’d like to know.
Bill recommends 50-60% range for daytime... 45% would still be within range. But sitting at 65% and higher in a hybrid enclosure with no air circulation IMO is a RI waiting to happen.

now that the lights are off the humidity is starting to climb again. It's at 60%. I did read at night it's supposed to be 100% but the closest I've ever been able to get it is 80-85%. I was running the Mister more to increase it but than I learned the day time was too high. I think I need to try to see if a fogger would help for night time humidity without making it too humid during the day. I do think today ran a lot better with the changes I made. The cage didn't seem wet all day which I know is dangerous. I'm just glad she was active and she wasn't opening her mouth a lot like the day before.

now that the lights are off the humidity is starting to climb again. It's at 60%. I did read at night it's supposed to be 100% but the closest I've ever been able to get it is 80-85%. I was running the Mister more to increase it but than I learned the day time was too high. I think I need to try to see if a fogger would help for night time humidity without making it too humid during the day. I do think today ran a lot better with the changes I made. The cage didn't seem wet all day which I know is dangerous. I'm just glad she was active and she wasn't opening her mouth a lot like the day before.
So it’s not that it has to be at 100%. It’s up to 100%. Mine with a fogger hits 75% and my boy is perfectly hydrated. See what your levels are later. And remember the temp drop is important because it will help boost the humidity level. Remember the point of higher cool humidity at night is actually the naturalistic hydration method. The key to fogging of course is air flow and temps below 67. I drop mine to 60 every night.

Back
Top Bottom