still more white stuff from the nose?

roboberry

about a week ago i posted saying that white stuff was coming from the nose. a lot of people said it was that he was getting to many vitamins. but a week later he still has white stuff. i have sort of a before and after photo of him.
sorry for the bad picture quality i used my ipod. the one on the left i just took.
some others said that it might be a problem with the lungs but the white stuff falls off and sometimes it only comes out of one nose. anything helps!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 125
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 124
well give it a lil time..but in the mean time what kind of water do you spray with and give your cham??not tap right...

This is a natural function, some reptiles and even birds excrete bodily salts in this fashion.
I suggest increasing the amount of water your animal ingests will assist in the matter.
It may also be worth investigating sodium (salt) levels in your local water supply,
if levels are unusual, some filter systems may provide a solution.
In general, variety in the diet and rich gutloading should improve matters.
Investigating sodium content in whatever you feed your lizards insects may shed some light also.
:)

If its acting healthy other than that I wouldnt worry to much. My veiled actually often has white coming from one or both nostrils. Usually when basking in low 90's , I don't dust his food often either. I tend to think its a salt excess of some sort.

If you rub it off the nose (before misting) and rub your fingers together and it turns to dust it is most likely just salt from the salt gland and is nothing to worry about. The salt gland is how most lizards get rid of any extra chlorides they take in, tap water is a common cause of this (filtering the water can lessen or stop this if this is the cause).

If it is sticky and snotty take the chameleon to a vet, to get the proper antibiotics it needs.

It could also be left over shed (most likely not the case since it is easy to know just by looking at it).

[edit] lol jojackson you beat me by a few minutes...

i would use some filtered water..its good for them..we all use human consumable vitamins for them..why not a lil good water too..lol

definitely use filtered or buy a gallon of distilled from grocery store

my cham did the same thing until i did.

If you rub it off the nose (before misting) and rub your fingers together and it turns to dust it is most likely just salt from the salt gland and is nothing to worry about. The salt gland is how most lizards get rid of any extra chlorides they take in, tap water is a common cause of this (filtering the water can lessen or stop this if this is the cause).

If it is sticky and snotty take the chameleon to a vet, to get the proper antibiotics it needs.

It could also be left over shed (most likely not the case since it is easy to know just by looking at it).

[edit] lol jojackson you beat me by a few minutes...

lol he will not let me touch him! he is a bit timid

they can always have more..i get my cham to drink as often as i can!!

about three to four times a week i put meal worms in his water dish and then put water in it. he sometimes just drinks from the dish then! it actually works! but when it looks like he is done i empty out the water.

well if there is actuall water gulpage, then the water intake must be good then..but ya try some filtered water..

Back
Top Bottom