Still having leaking issues with mistking where tube enters bulkhead

I’ve had one of those as well that stopped working after 3 or 4 days of using it. I know your trying to help, but I’m just frustrated is all. I have a Jackson’s Cham who needs high humidity at night and I can’t stay up all night hand misting. Thanks anyway.

Your mistking mists all night? Maybe that's the problem 🤔

It wasn’t leaking for about a week then I added water to the water container and it started leaking again. I checked the tubes connection and nothing has changed there. I don’t want to use silicone to seal the collect because then I can never change it out. I’ll live with the leak since it’s so small.
Linda,
You shouldn't have to live with this. I worry that if there is a leak and your seal is compromised, one day when you are not home the pressure of the water will blow out the bulkhead and you'll have a surprise flood. The more water you add the more pressure exerted on the seal.

Maybe...just buy a new container, get one of the nicer bulkheads and the tube cutter from Josh's, and redo your container. I bet on a second try it will work for you.

@Ruthless please accept my apology. I am sorry, its just my frustration with this thing.
@SerpeRoma here are a couple of pics. The teal thing on one side is my big square container that hold the water and on the other side is the pump. The thing that is leaking is the collet that you push the tubing into on the bulkhead that is screwed into a hole in the container.

Attachments

• C7026605-D9EB-46FC-9D29-35A3799EE3D3.jpeg
    C7026605-D9EB-46FC-9D29-35A3799EE3D3.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 55D5F2BC-B799-49C2-8F53-6840EC533243.jpeg
    55D5F2BC-B799-49C2-8F53-6840EC533243.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 96
So, first thing, the reservoir HAS to be positioned higher than the pump, it needs to be gravity fed, otherwise the pump will over-work to suck the water out. The only things that I could think about other than that is that maybe you drilled the hole in the bucket a little off center and it's not adhering 100% or maybe the tubing is not the right size

The leak is not at the container, it’s at the collet coming out of the container. In other words it’s not leaking around the fixture I put into the container, its leaking out of the little thing the tubing goes in. I recut the tubing and put it into the collet again and I felt it click into place. This is the tubing that came with the mistking in the starter set. I just think if it’s so darn hard to get all of this right then they should supply the water reservoir with the kit with the spout thing already installed in the reservoir. I did read the whole book that came with it but I don’t remember reading that the reservoir had to be higher than the pump. I could have missed it though so how much higher than the pump does it need to be? I appreciate your help!

The leak is not at the container, it’s at the collet coming out of the container. In other words it’s not leaking around the fixture I put into the container, its leaking out of the little thing the tubing goes in. I recut the tubing and put it into the collet again and I felt it click into place. This is the tubing that came with the mistking in the starter set. I just think if it’s so darn hard to get all of this right then they should supply the water reservoir with the kit with the spout thing already installed in the reservoir. I did read the whole book that came with it but I don’t remember reading that the reservoir had to be higher than the pump. I could have missed it though so how much higher than the pump does it need to be? I appreciate your help!
That’s the thing it’s not hard to set up what so ever. You said you have cut the tubing but did you replace it from another tube supply. Like I said in my post before the diameter of one of my irrigation tube was slightly different (smaller) and when I used it the tube would leak at the connecting so I took the tube to my local Lowe’s and compare it to what they had and noticed the same 1/4 tubing had a thicker tubing making all my leaking issues disappear because it had a tighter fit.

I get what you’re saying but I’m using the tubing that came with the mistking so it should be the right size. I understand that you think I should go get more tubing from Lowe’s but it still may not work and I’m spending more money on something that should be working correctly using the tubing that came with the kit. I know you’re trying to help and I thank you. When I feel up to it I’m going to work on it again and I may try getting some more 1/4 inch tubing from Lowe’s. First I have to figure out how much higher the reservoir has to sit above the pump.

Last edited:
I have really bad knees and it’s not easy getting down on the floor to mess with this thing, not to mention getting back up! Lol!

1628819793225..jpg

Page 6, 1.
Maybe that's the cause of your issue

okay, I misunderstood. So how high above the pump should I put my reservoir? Like should I put a brick or piece of wood under my reservoir to lift it up or do I need it higher than that?

Okay well I’ll have to do this tomorrow because I don’t have a long enough piece of tubing on there to do it tonight. Thanks for the help I do appreciate it.

I suggest to read the manual again, it is very clear on those steps, it says 1-2 feet above the pump right on the page I posted, if you follow the directions hopefully you won't have any problem

Ok, thank you. I’m going to take It apart tomorrow and find a way to lift up the reservoir and add a longer section of tubing to do that.

I suggest to read the manual again, it is very clear on those steps, it says 1-2 feet above the pump right on the page I posted, if you follow the directions hopefully you won't have any problem
I'm sorry, but that's not what it says. It says. "Install the reservoir bulkhead with 1-2 ft leading to the pump." It does not say 1-2 ft "above" the pump. I questioned the reason for this myself in a previous thread.

Many members here have successful installations with only a couple of inches height difference, and many have less than a foot of tubing between. I have 10" between reservoir & pump, and 2" height difference, and it's been working flawlessly since December—even with several power outages and system drainings.

Lindasjackson, what I'm seeing in your latest pics is that the tubing appears to be entering the bulkhead at an angle rather than straight in(?) If so, this is one possible reason for the leak—the collet can't make a good seal with the tube.

1628868568951.png

I also want to note that these tubes aren't made to NASA specifications.

Back
Top Bottom