Still having leaking issues with mistking where tube enters bulkhead

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’ve had issues with leaking at the bulkhead on my reservoir since I set this thing up about a month ago. At first I thought it was where the bulkhead fit into the reservoir so I reset the rubber ring and re tightened the nuts, that didn’t work so I emptied and dried the reservoir and then silicone the crap out of the thing all around where the bulkhead is on the outside. Now it seems like the water is coming from where the black tubing fits into the collet. Anyone else have this issue?

Are you talking about the misting head? I’m talking about where the black tubing inserts into the bulkhead. It should not be leaking here.

Your tubing cut may not be perfectly straight or it just isn’t in far enough. Try recutting the end and push it back in very firmly.

I ended up having to use water-proof silicone to stop mine from leaking at the same spot but it worked like a charm!
i Did silicone all around the bulkhead but that wasn’t the issue, it’s where the tube enters the collet in the bulkhead.

On the (really) off-chance that it's a bad bulkhead, you could try using some silicone where the tube enters the collet as well. If you try this (short of trying another bulkhead, and after trying straight-cutting the tubing and re-inserting until it clicks) I would do it dry with no water (pressure) on the fitting (emptying the reservoir and drying the parts).

Absolutely. I’ve been busy with family visiting the last few days but I’m going to drain off the water in the reservoir and then try recutting the tubing and oushing it in again. Then we will see. If I have to I guess I can try silicone around the collet.

One of the nice things about silicone is that it doesn't stick too well to these materials. If you have to, you can usually peel it off mostly intact to do-over or whatever.

Here is a issue I had with some of my tubing the diameter was a little bit off and stayed in but wasn’t secure so I went to my local Lowe’s and compared it to what they had and found that the tubing was a little bit thicker. So I purchased a 50 ft roll for about $5 and this fixed my issue when I replaced some my tubing.

Back
Top Bottom