Still having leaking issues with mistking where tube enters bulkhead

You don’t get it, I’m not that handy and it was hard enough to do this one. With as expensive as this thing was it shouldn’t be this hard to get it to work properly!

If you only have one cham, this is a vaild option! FWIW, I still don't have/need a mist king but that's just me ;)

1628720318442.png

I’ve had one of those as well that stopped working after 3 or 4 days of using it. I know your trying to help, but I’m just frustrated is all. I have a Jackson’s Cham who needs high humidity at night and I can’t stay up all night hand misting. Thanks anyway.

You don’t get it, I’m not that handy and it was hard enough to do this one. With as expensive as this thing was it shouldn’t be this hard to get it to work properly!
Ok yes this hobby is expensive but you should have known that before getting into it right? Anyway try to get some help from someone who is more handy I have set up 3 Mistking systems 2 starter and 1 Ultimate with no issues. Have you tried replacing the tubing like I mentioned before making sure your cuts are clean no pinch or uneven cuts.?

I’m sorry but your coming off as rude. I knew this hobby was expensive, I’ve kept chameleons before. What I meant was this item was expensive and given that, it should work properly and yes I recut the tube and reinserted it and felt the tube click in place.

I’m 13 so basically have no way to make a lot of money so I use a little squirt thing 😂 it takes like 8 min but it does it ( yea I’m saving for a better one) (yes I reach my right humidity’s)

I’m sorry but your coming off as rude. I knew this hobby was expensive, I’ve kept chameleons before. What I meant was this item was expensive and given that, it should work properly and yes I recut the tube and reinserted it and felt the tube click in place.
Yea something that expensive should work. It should appeal to all customers and should be fairly easy to use butt from what I’m hearing it’s not

Yea something that expensive should work. It should appeal to all customers and should be fairly easy to use butt from what I’m hearing it’s not
i Don’t want to mislead you, most of the set up was easy and the thing works great. It’s just this leaking issue that I guess I’ll have to live with. Its not a huge leak, just a small one. I just wish I could fix it but I can live with a towel under it. Mistking s are awesome and worth the money. They make life easier so you’re not constantly having to get up in the night to mist your enclosure to keep humidity up.

i Don’t want to mislead you, most of the set up was easy and the thing works great. It’s just this leaking issue that I guess I’ll have to live with. Its not a huge leak, just a small one. I just wish I could fix it but I can live with a towel under it. Mistking s are awesome and worth the money. They make life easier so you’re not constantly having to get up in the night to mist your enclosure to keep humidity up.
Okay will do trying to save for one rn but we have a vk coming up so I have to post pone bake sales and etc

Leaking again at the collet on the bulkhead! This is a never ending battle! I’m so frustrated!
For how long was it not leaking?

I'm thinking that if it was fixed and not leaking for a time, something must have changed to cause it to leak again. E.g. something moved, vibrated, deteriorated (not likely) or otherwise disturbed it.

Are we back to trying silicone to seal the seal again?

It wasn’t leaking for about a week then I added water to the water container and it started leaking again. I checked the tubes connection and nothing has changed there. I don’t want to use silicone to seal the collect because then I can never change it out. I’ll live with the leak since it’s so small.

I don’t want to use silicone to seal the collect because then I can never change it out. I’ll live with the leak since it’s so small.
:confused: I don't understand why silicone would prevent that; it would likely peel off, and could be resealed.
Alternatively, I wonder if there is (perhaps?) a flex seal (or equiv.) solution to this problem. :unsure:

Whatever works for you. I know this has been a real thorn in your side—just trying to help. :)

:confused: I don't understand why silicone would prevent that; it would likely peel off, and could be resealed.
Alternatively, I wonder if there is (perhaps?) a flex seal (or equiv.) solution to this problem. :unsure:

Whatever works for you. I know this has been a real thorn in your side—just trying to help. :)
There is obviously something not done correctly or some sort of defect. We have all tried to be helpful but it seems as nothing works🤔. And I have have been told that I’m being rude 😂. Oh well like what @Lindasjackson said “i will just deal with the small leak” so this thread is done with.

There is obviously something not done correctly or some sort of defect. We have all tried to be helpful but it seems as nothing works🤔. And I have have been told that I’m being rude 😂. Oh well like what @Lindasjackson said “i will just deal with the small leak” so this thread is done with.
I don't think you were rude, but I understand Linda's frustration.. I'm glad she found a solution

Back
Top Bottom