stick bugs

I can help u out with indian stick bugs. They require 1. fairly tall enclosure (min 12'', doesnt need to be big around) 2. they eat... bramble (blackberry,raspberry leaves) is the best and makes a good gutload as well, rose leaves, privot (not a good gutload at all) and romaine lettuce (it will keep them alive but they will not thrivefrom it. 3. light daily mistings and enclosure kept at room temps 4. all you need is one female stick to start a colony, they dont need males to breed, once they are adults and done their final moulting they will lay 2 or 3 fertile eggs a day (basically clones of themselves) until they die. the eggs take up to a year to hatch. That is all I can think of right now and if u want more info do a search on here or google it and there is lots of info.

Perhaps you should have a look at Medauroidea extradentata, another stick bug. They're really easy to keep, lay hundreds of eggs which hatch after a few weeks and they're nice food for a chameleon.

Perhaps you should have a look at Medauroidea extradentata, another stick bug. They're really easy to keep, lay hundreds of eggs which hatch after a few weeks and they're nice food for a chameleon.

Are they legal in arizona where do I buy them and their food?

btw, my indian walking sticks are growing like weeds on kale and dandilion.
I don't know much about them, just that I'm having luck with them on this stuff.

Harry

You only got one? Are the illegal to have?

Ive been reading from other post that they are? but I am also curious. They say they are because they can infest and become pest. But for me
I live in the desert and have never seen something that grows that people recomended to feed

btw, my indian walking sticks are growing like weeds on kale and dandilion.
I don't know much about them, just that I'm having luck with them on this stuff.

Harry

thanks for letting us know that they do well eating dandelion and kale, Ive been feeding mine romaine this winter (which they dont thrive on) because all the blackberry plants and rose bushes are frozen.

Back
Top Bottom