Stewie's home after some adjustments

shazz

A week ago, I adapted stewies enclosure so it is taller now, He is not very happy as he is shedding at the mo.

Attachments

• DSCF3363.JPG
    DSCF3363.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF3362.JPG
    DSCF3362.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCF3356.JPG
    DSCF3356.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Hi enclosure looks huge! He certainly has lots to explore. I love it when they shed, I find it fascinating! Is that a Pothos you have in there? I've never used those in my cages, but they look good!

Looking good! He's got alot of room to roam for sure. I never used wooden dowels like that in my cham cages. I've used them in my macaw cages. Thats a good idea. It gives them a large diameter limb to hang out on. Its hard to find large diameter vines for the larger species.

Hi Tiff,
It is interesting to watch him shed, poor little chap looks fed up! he looked like he had a white beard this morning, I had to giggle! He has found some funning sleeping positions in his enclosure, he goes low down to sleep and hangs of his plant, I wonder how he sleeps like that, he slept upside down one night. The plant is a pothos I got it from B&Q for £4 it needed potting. Its a nice strong plant stewie seems to like it, he slept in there the first week I had him!

great looking setup!

my veiled is currently getting used to his pothos, little sucker wouldnt go near it for the first 3 or 4 days lol

Looks good! I have a pothos in mine and my cham loves it! Its also really hardy! I think Kamish prefers the schefflera that I put in afterwards, though. Kamish has only shed once since I've had him, but he was doing what I like to call the shed dance where he just wiggles around to try and loosen the skin while he's all puffed up. He doesn't like shedding at all, but he got through it really quickly!

Back
Top Bottom