Stella’s upgraded!

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
Finally got Stella’s enclosure bioactive! Had to give her a big hibiscus...she loves eating the flowers! I unfortunately was rushed in doing it as my central ac died yesterday (repair guy can’t come until tomorrow) and I’ve just been melting. Planning on redoing the girls enclosures anyway once I get my reptile room back. Still, it looks better than before and no more lay bins! Whoo hoo!
1854DB96-D656-4806-B3A8-CA5CBC2DB9D0.jpeg

Finally got Stella’s enclosure bioactive! Had to give her a big hibiscus...she loves eating the flowers! I unfortunately was rushed in doing it as my central ac died yesterday (repair guy can’t come until tomorrow) and I’ve just been melting. Planning on redoing the girls enclosures anyway once I get my reptile room back. Still, it looks better than before and no more lay bins! Whoo hoo!
View attachment 272279
It looks wonderful!!!!! Every time I read her name I have to scream it like Marlon Brando did in that movie :hilarious:

And I hope they get your air fixed soon. that sux!

What do you have at the very bottom for drainage? I need to pick up/make a tray for my 2x24 cages too.
I have a layer of lava rock (couldn’t find clay balls locally). Even when my enclosures were bare bottom, there really was very little excess drainage unless I watered the plants deeply.

I have a layer of lava rock (couldn’t find clay balls locally). Even when my enclosures were bare bottom, there really was very little excess drainage unless I watered the plants deeply.

It took a long time, but mine eventually got saturated and now drains excess water. Its not necessarily a bad thing, being saturated, as long as the soil is aerated and well draining... but emptying the water is a must now for me.

Back
Top Bottom