Staying in same spot veiled?

yojon3000

So about a week ago I finished my cage (added a glass door) and I couldnt hang my pothos so I pulled the vines of it up and only one bridge looking area was made and my ficus had barley any leaves but he climbs it soo it looked plain so i bought a dracaena looks like this but only one tree
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/dracaena-marginata-potted-plant__67436_PE181279_S4.jpg
and then added two sticks from outside and for the past 2-3 days hes been in the back top corner on the new stick and stays there most of the day. should i break that piece of the stick off so he wont stay there?

Would need to see the cage setup to give opinion. My female stays on her basking spot 10 of 12 hrs a day... she will roam a little bit but most stays put. The male cham is complete opposite... he is full of ants in the pants and cant sit still. They all are different and long as he's not sleeping during the day no harm no?

What's ur basking temp.. or the average temp of the spot he sits? What are his colors? Mood when there? my male veiled has a spot he sits alot to bask and I've noticed as he's aged (about 7 months now) he hangs there even more.

What's ur basking temp.. or the average temp of the spot he sits? What are his colors? Mood when there? my male veiled has a spot he sits alot to bask and I've noticed as he's aged (about 7 months now) he hangs there even more.

I think between 84-90 its a 40 watt bulb i havent actually gotten an accurate reading but the light he sits under is his UVB and usually hes dark and on the other side facing away is bright colors

I think between 84-90 its a 40 watt bulb i havent actually gotten an accurate reading but the light he sits under is his UVB and usually hes dark and on the other side facing away is bright colors

Hmmm what cage type do u have? screen? glass? 40watts is seems small. Is the uvb and basking light in the same area

When was the last time you changed your UVB? If it's old he might be trying to soak up more UVB since the bulb is putting out less than when it was new.

When was the last time you changed your UVB? If it's old he might be trying to soak up more UVB since the bulb is putting out less than when it was new.

Agreed I was thinking if basking and uvb were seperate areas he may be needing the uvb and Cold.

Ive only had my cham for about 2-3 months and I got the uvb a week after i got my cham. His Lights are off now I will check tomorrow on the temp. and his cage is 3 screen sides and one sliding plexi glass side

Back
Top Bottom