We have had Blu for about two weeks now. Every morning so far he has come to the top to the lights almost by 7:00am when the kids are leaving for school. Today its 9:30 and he is just down in the back of the cage behind a plant (lower in the cage) I saw his eyes move so I know he is alive but I've never seem him hide and not move around in the morning... Thoughts?
- Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
- Blu is a male Panther. I have had him for about 2 weeks.
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
- So far maybe every other day for a couple of minutes.
- He has been eating meal worms from my hand every other day I would say.
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
- He eats pretty good so far. eats meal worms, wax worms, and mostly crickets.
- Putting in 5-6 crickets in the morning, some meal worms in the day.
- I dust her worms with Reptivite every other day.
- Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
- Reptivite with D3 every other day.
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
- I have the little dripper set up on top of her cage dripping down some leaves from the ceiling of the cage.
- Mist 2-3 times a day for about a minute each
- I have seen him drinking, sometimes drinking a lot. I do not visibly see her drinking every day though.
- Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
- History - Purchased at a Petco.
- Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
- Screen cage
- Lots of vines/leafy plants throughout
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
- Both UVA and UVB bulb.
- Usually lights go on around 6:50-7:00am, off around 8:00-8:30pm.
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
- Basking spot (usually anywhere between 80-90 degrees F) and another wire that is hidden within the leaves of her cage to read the humidity
- Lower in the cage is in the mid 70s usually
- At night, around 75-79 degrees
- Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
- not sure
- Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
- Yes; I forget the name but was recommend by this board.
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
- In my bedroom, up against the wall directly below my air vent. Air flow seems not to hit her cage since the vent is at the very top of my ceiling, so there is a large area between the top of the cage and the vent much higher.
- My ceiling fan is a few feet away, but is only on for brief periods of time and not very often.
- Not a ton of foot traffic through my room, except for myself and my parents occasionally helping with her.
- Top of cage is 48" from the floor
- Location - Where are you geographically located?
- Southern California