Starting dubia colony

JuniorC

Avid Member
Looking to start a small dubia roach colony to be able to feed my future chameleon the right stuff. Does it matter where I get them as long as I get the right male to female ratio? I saw online they have deals for a couple males and so many females. But also saw a close pet shot sells them for $5 a dozen just not sure if all males or mixed. Also I'm gonna assume they have to be adults to start the colony?

id suggest getting adult males and females and a mix of juvenile sizes (small med large ) . also it will take about 3-6 month for the colony to get established and produce enough to feed off . the females will birth about 30 nymphs every other month and they will mature into full size in about 3-6 months depending on temps and diet :) also many people end up starting dubia colonies only to find out their cham will not eat them lol so you may wanna try offering it to the cham before starting the colony :)

Looking to start a small dubia roach colony to be able to feed my future chameleon the right stuff. Does it matter where I get them as long as I get the right male to female ratio? I saw online they have deals for a couple males and so many females. But also saw a close pet shot sells them for $5 a dozen just not sure if all males or mixed. Also I'm gonna assume they have to be adults to start the colony?
Hit Him UP @jamest0o0
Fair Price and good roaches

id suggest getting adult males and females and a mix of juvenile sizes (small med large ) . also it will take about 3-6 month for the colony to get established and produce enough to feed off . the females will birth about 30 nymphs every other month and they will mature into full size in about 3-6 months depending on temps and diet :) its better to start now than later :) also many people end up starting dubia colonies only to find out their cham will not eat them lol so you may wanna try offering it to the cham before starting the colony :)
Awesome thanks. And yeah I've read some chams dont like them. So my problem was the crickets jumping out of a feeder cup. Any recommendations as far as daily feeders? Besides crickets and dubis

you would wanna keep them from inbreeding a lot. Try to introduce from different placesif you trust it

I agree about trying them and making sure your chameleon will eat them. I've found that Dubia play "dead" and don't move much. I also have orange heads. If I put both in at the same time, the orange heads are eaten and the Dubia are still sitting there like rocks most of the time at the end of the day.

Awesome thanks. And yeah I've read some chams dont like them. So my problem was the crickets jumping out of a feeder cup. Any recommendations as far as daily feeders? Besides crickets and dubis
those are the only two I use as staple feeders . for treats super worms are easy to keep but be carful not to over feed supers .... its like chameleon crack basically , they can get hooked on supers and some will even go on huger strikes if you stop feeding supers.

im also raising silk worms .. but this will be my first time raising them from hatchlings :(

Back
Top Bottom