Roach colony

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚iā€™m honestly not too afraid of bugs! I used to collect bugs when i was little so a big roach isnā€™t too scary!
In the autumn it will be five years that Iā€™ve had a roach colony. In all of this time, I am yet to touch an adult. I donā€™t mind the nymphs but once they get about 1ā€ big, itā€™s tongs time. šŸ˜„

In the autumn it will be five years that Iā€™ve had a roach colony. In all of this time, I am yet to touch an adult. I donā€™t mind the nymphs but once they get about 1ā€ big, itā€™s tongs time. šŸ˜„
honestly i donā€™t blame you at all! I will say the adult roaches are the grosser insects i have, whenever i do handle them i will not let them crawl on me, their arms are suuuuper gross feeling and makes me kinda itch šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Breeding roaches is a good idea if you donā€™t want to buy them continuously. How do you do it? Is there any special equipment or anything you need?
There isnt a whole lot you have to do, they have to be under temps of 80-90 or somewhere around there and its better to have more females than males so theres not as much competiton between the males, and other than that most of it is waiting! I got very lucky as the mix i ordered already had a few pregnant females so they've already been reproducing like crazy! and one more thing, if you have access to oranges or orange peels i highly suggest feeding this to them as for whatever reason it gets them breeding faster!

Just ordered about 100 mixed adult dubia roaches with a lot of juvenile and babies mixed in, hoping to get my roach colony booming soon! will update šŸ˜View attachment 352820View attachment 352821View attachment 352822
iā€™ve added some wood into the colony and the roaches are absolutely loving it! I started with 150ish roaches and my colony is already up to 500 or so!
IMG_3316.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom