Stange acting veil cham

jodischams

My veil is being strange. I am attempting to add a nice thick vine to the front of his cage so he will have more places to walk around. Normally he is not a friendly chameleon but I love him just the same. If you go near him, he hisses like a cat.lol....Well he was way on the top, quite aways from me so I started putting his new branch in and suddenly, here he comes down another branch towards me and now I am freaking out cause he never comes near a human. His colors changed to very light and beautiful. Those colors I only see when he is asleep...I didn't know what his intentions were so I dropped the vine in his cage and shut the door. He just sat on a lower branched and stared at me and I'm so confused because this is so not his normal behavior or colors...So this morning I decided to try it again. He was way up on top, no where near me so I opened the door and started to put the vine in and once again, he got realy light and beautiful and started coming towards me. Needless to say, this is a big boy! Of course now I am talking to him and telling him to please stay on the top while i finish it and nope. He did the same. He is not displaying any stressed out colors nor behaviors towards me. If anything, he looks way overly friendly and I know thats not him. I had to tell someone this cause I'm so confused. He use to hiss at me quite often if I got too close but now he looks like he's in love...Is this normal? I still don't dare let him too close because I know what he's capable of doing and maybe he's just trying to trick me. lol...Never seen this before... I have added a pic of him in the next post...
Jodi

Here is a pic of my little boy!

DSCN0703.jpg

Sounds like a normal chameleon heheh Some people get lucky and get very calm chameleons but others arent so lucky. But just add more stuff in his cage, take him outside(if possible) and maybe he can get used to you. Also I would hand feed him if he allows you to

Maybe he likes it ah? He was pretty mean before..Can they go from mean to nice? teehee
Anyways, He finally let me put in his new vine without scaring me...lol

I don't think I will try and hold him. When he was little, that was different but he's so big and intimitating. He''s probable laughing at me and I don't even know it!

I don't think I will try and hold him. When he was little, that was different but he's so big and intimitating. He''s probable laughing at me and I don't even know it!

I hope he sees you are not a predator and gets used to you. My chameleon is an odd one to. She will be nice and then get pissed one minute later. PMS ahahaha

Thats what I'm afraid of...And he never shows those colors other than at night when he's asleep. He is most beautiful when asleep...But to see that coming towards me which he has never done I didn't know what he was doing..lol...All in all he is not aggressive unless you get to close. i normally can go in his cage and he just watches me. This is the first time he has actually attempted to make any contact one on one...He is only 8 months old so I think he's still a baby and maybe he's changing. Dunno realy...???

Back
Top Bottom