Stale mate

:rolleyes:Ok so I am totally 100% done with crickets....they stink and they die so fast. I have a good colony of roaches that are well on their way to being able to supply both my 9 month old chameleon and my almost 2 year old beardie.

My cham lives in a exo terra glass terrarium so I need to cup feed him the roaches. Except he flat out REFUSES to cup feed. I tried before with a paper cup that I cut and hung in his cage, he used it as a bathroom.

Now I have bought a clear container that is used to hold soap in the shower and it suction cups to the glass. He will go over to it, climb all over it. Peer into it and open his mouth. All the time Im thinking "Yes, yes just eat it, you know you want to" then at the last minute its like a light bulb goes on over his head and he is like "oh right, I don't cup feed" and he walks away.

I have read that if I offer him nothing but the roaches eventually he will eat them. Its not like he hasn't in the past, he used to take them from off my hand but he is an extremely grumpy fellow now. Each night I take them out and throw them back in the bin so the next day I can pull out gut loaded ones again. We are on day 3 of our stale mate. My question is, how long do I hold out before it risks his health to lack of food??????

Thank you!

Hot glue a stick in the middle of the container so that the roaches can climb up the stick but not out of the container. that will make it visually appealing to the cham and get him used to the fact that food is in that magic worm hole when roaches come from.

Back
Top Bottom