Squealing Veiled Chameleon

My Jackson’s made a squeak one day when he was really stressed after he’d been outside in a small tree with a slight wind blowing and he seemed to be scared and then I tried to take him out of the tree and he opened his mouth and tried to bite me and squeaked a couple times. I think it’s when they’re really stressed that they will make that noise.

My Jackson’s made a squeak one day when he was really stressed after he’d been outside in a small tree with a slight wind blowing and he seemed to be scared and then I tried to take him out of the tree and he opened his mouth and tried to bite me and squeaked a couple times. I think it’s when they’re really stressed that they will make that noise.
That seems like the cause. The Vet was performing an exam. Carmelo and I were both stressed. I feel like the Vet really took his time and performed a good exam. He checked Carmelos mouth, tongue, teeth, skin, vent, and bones. Asked for pics of enclosure, discussed supplements, and gut loading feeders. He also taught me how to open Carmelo's mouth without damaging his tongue. He was much more knowledgeable than the first Vet, however, when my granddaughter asked if Carmelo was male or female, he stated he did not know. I was puzzled.

Back
Top Bottom