spirulina

chameleon97

does anyone use this? does it work well with chams? i kind of want some.
canadianfeeders.ca/gutloads.html
(near the bottom)

Spirulina is great addition for gutload.
I used it to gutload my flies (in addition with dry milk powder and honey)

In the feeder insects, yes, it does. In chams, I doubt it. If it does, the color is probably a result of better nutrition, not direct coloring via spirulina.

I use bee pollen and all the feeder insects go CRAZY for it, especially the roaches. If a cham hisses or gapes at me while I have it out, they get some sprinkled into their mouth. They seem to like it, too, because after I did this to one of my female veileds, she very purposefully marched over to the tub of it I was holding and bit into the bee pollen. She did that twice. :D

I put a little bit of bee pollen and greens into my feeding cups to keep the feeder insects full of something and in case the cham picks some up while snagging a bug.

As for other power foods, I use kelp, irish moss, yucca root, lecithin, hemp seed nuts, 10 grain cereal, raw hulled sunflower seeds, a bit of dry milk and all sorts of other stuff in my dry gutload mix. You can also blend all of this and dust the bugs with it.

Good question. I know that it is a type of sea vegetable and is the algae we get carrageenan from. It is rich in iodine and sulfer.

Back
Top Bottom