Spectral pygmy tongue problem

ssapssaebi

I'm new here. Nice to see you guys.:)
Anyway, I purchased 1.2 spectral pygmy today.
They seemed OK so far, except one male's tongue.

I gave cup feeding pinhead crickets this evening, and I realized he can shoot but he can't retract his tongue. I was so shocked when I saw it, but I tried help him to retract his tongue immediately.

I'm so disappointed about this issue because one of my male Jackson's died most probably with the same problem.

any suggestion or idea?

Thank you so much for your consideration.

I'm new here. Nice to see you guys.:)
Anyway, I purchased 1.2 spectral pygmy today.
They seemed OK so far, except one male's tongue.

I gave cup feeding pinhead crickets this evening, and I realized he can shoot but he can't retract his tongue. I was so shocked when I saw it, but I tried help him to retract his tongue immediately.

I'm so disappointed about this issue because one of my male Jackson's died most probably with the same problem.

any suggestion or idea?

Thank you so much for your consideration.

I'm really sorry to hear about your new pygmy. It sounds like he might have Metabolic Bone Disease (MDB) or a vitamin deficiency of some kind. I would bring him to your vet immediately. Or best of all, since you just got him, I would contact the place that you purchased him from and returned him ASAP because he is not healthy. He shouldn't have this type of problem when you just got him. :(

The tongue issue could be from an injury or from a number of other things...the important thing is that it can't chew when/if its tongue is hanging out and if it hangs out for too long it will dry out. If the chameleon can't retract the tongue then you need to take it to a vet ASAP.

Thanks a lot Jaxygirl and kiyonga!
Today is the first day, so many thing can be happening. I'll take more close look especially on my male spectral pygmy, and I'll bring him to vet.
By the way, do you guys think all vets can take care of reptile issue or I have to find specialized one? Pleas let me know. Thanks a lot!

Not all vets can deal with reptiles and more specifically chameleons. Start with vets that say they handle exotics and call them to ask whether they've seen chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom