SOS!SOS!My chameleon nails are falling off!

nunolv

All four of my chameleon's nails are falling off😭😭😭😭😭
dcd669334d24abb7f8276b2bda43c89.jpg
Here's a photo of one of them,Temperature 28-35℃, Humidity 60-75,Food: Crickets,I've collapsed,somebody help me please😭😭😭😭😭

It looks like it might be CANV…but you’ll need a test to confirm it. I’m not a vet so I can’t be sure, but it sure looks like the case my chameleon had in the original paper that was written up on CANV. If that’s what it is it needs immediate attention with a good chameleon exotics vet.

That may have nothing to do with the nails though.

I'm really scared, thank you for your prompt reply, can I use any medicine,thank you every much!!
The vet may want or need to do a small biopsy to correctly diagnose what exactly your chameleon has and what the appropriate treatment is. In the meantime, if you have other reptiles do use good hygiene between handling…lots of hand washing and no shared items.

It looks like it might be CANV…but you’ll need a test to confirm it. I’m not a vet so I can’t be sure, but it sure looks like the case my chameleon had in the original paper that was written up on CANV. If that’s what it is it needs immediate attention with a good chameleon exotics vet.

That may have nothing to do with the nails though.
Thank you very much for your help, but I am in China and there is no reptile doctor in my city.

Back
Top Bottom