Somethings happening to my jackson’s chameleon’s feet!!!

KalaiDaCham

I just noticed that my male jackson’s chameleon’s feet is getting fat. Its like a bruise, but its not sore to him. It makes it hard for him to grasp on to things. The worst part is that there are no chameleon vets where i live.

image.jpg
image.jpg

it could also be gout I know you said there are no vets near you but if at all possible you might need to find one a little ways away because whatever it may be doesn't look good.

It could be from over supplementing him. What is your schedule? How heavily do you dust your feeders?
Is it more than this?
"As a montane species (native to higher altitudes) Jackson's have decreased supplementation requirements compared to tropical species due to metabolism differences. Use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) twice a week, a multivitamin once a month, and calcium with D3 once a month."

The other possibility is that he came in contact with something irritating. What plants do you have? Have you added any new ones? Are you using a new cleaning solution. Supplement problems are more common with Jackson's.

The other possibility is that he came in contact with something irritating. What plants do you have? Have you added any new ones? Are you using a new cleaning solution. Supplement problems are more common with Jackson's.
Maybe that might be it i don’t exactly know...

I'm trying to find you a good thread or article to explain in detail. Feeding the wrong proteins can cause gout as can kidney problems.
I still suspect over supplementation. What are you giving and how often?

I forgot you just caught these guys so they don't have much history. That is going to make figuring this out harder.

I'm trying to find you a good thread or article to explain in detail. Feeding the wrong proteins can cause gout as can kidney problems.
I still suspect over supplementation. What are you giving and how often?
The only supplements i give would be exo terra calcium without D3 and aqua culture calcium with D3 given once a month

Try rinsing the feet in lots of cool water. He or she won't like it but if it is a contact irritant that may help remove it and reduce swelling. If this is from gout then cutting back on the feeding and making sure their are no dog food or other protein sources in your insects. Increase hydration with extra mistings asap. After that you will need to consider vet care as this is only first aide.

Try rinsing the feet in lots of cool water. He or she won't like it but if it is a contact irritant that may help remove it and reduce swelling. If this is from gout then cutting back on the feeding and making sure their are no dog food or other protein sources in your insects. Increase hydration with extra mistings asap. After that you will need to consider vet care as this is only first aide.
Ok so the thing is that where i live there are no chameleon vets which is a big red flag...

I know they aren't supposed to be there so the vets can't advertise that they treat them but any exotic vets will have chameleon experience. Something to consider.
What are you using for plants in your enclosure? Can I see pictures if you don't know them by name?
Edit any plants with white milky sap may be irritating.

Back
Top Bottom