TRAPPED TAIL PLEASE HELP

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi all,

My partner has gone to mist our chameleon today and got his tail trapped in the corner of the door. She rang me crying saying she’s really worried I’ve come home and got some photos. There’s a clear bit of bruising on the tail. Can anyone see any other issues in the circled areas? Does it look broken or just a bruise, he has been curling it but not much as in it looks like it may be sore to him at the moment but he is still kind of using it and moving it around things just not majorly tight to objects.

Please note on the upper part of his tail there is a scar and chunk missing from the top of his tail and this is from before I had him and is completely fine. Weirdly enough he had a check up at the vets today as some of you may have seen I’ve been having issues with his feces but despite everyone’s belief he may have parasites he did not and she also said he looks in perfect condition.

IMG_5435.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5436.jpeg
    IMG_5436.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5437.jpeg
    IMG_5437.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5438.jpeg
    IMG_5438.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5439.jpeg
    IMG_5439.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5440.jpeg
    IMG_5440.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5441.jpeg
    IMG_5441.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5442.jpeg
    IMG_5442.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5444.jpeg
    IMG_5444.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 49
Ohhh…:( Poor guy. He’s definitely got a good bruise there that will get darker and maybe bigger. Hopefully there won’t be much or any swelling. I don’t see any kinks and all you can do is really keep a close eye. At night is when you may be able to really see if he can still coil it.

Ohhh…:( Poor guy. He’s definitely got a good bruise there that will get darker and maybe bigger. Hopefully there won’t be much or any swelling. I don’t see any kinks and all you can do is really keep a close eye. At night is when you may be able to really see if he can still coil it.
Feel so bad for him and my partner is hating her self for it now, very sad household right now :( I’ll keep a close eye thank you for the advice and letting me know it may get bigger and darker. We have just turned his lights off so I will check on it in 10 mins when he has definitely gone to sleep. If he can coil it properly is it likely just bruised? Really appreciate the reply

Aww…tell your partner to forgive herself. I don’t even know how many times my chams have snuck their little tails in the door and I’ve almost closed it on them. They are sneaky and those tails are crazy with a mind of their own. If it’s sore, he may not do a tight coil, but it’s mainly the end that you want to make sure works ok.

IMG_5447.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpeg
    IMG_5448.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 44
Aww…tell your partner to forgive herself. I don’t even know how many times my chams have snuck their little tails in the door and I’ve almost closed it on them. They are sneaky and those tails are crazy with a mind of their own. If it’s sore, he may not do a tight coil, but it’s mainly the end that you want to make sure works ok.
I’ve told her but she’s hating herself because he hissed and looked in a lot of pain and he’s never hissed or anything. They are sneaky with their tails! Thankfully looking at the new photos it looks like he’s using it fine. Hopefully will be a little bit better in the morning bless him

Back
Top Bottom