Something about nails ?

TiffanyMariexo

And no ill never wear a glove. Unpersonable in my eyes. While handling I find I get itchy bumps where they were crawling all over me... The flare up and sometimes get itchy. Of course will good hand washing and cream I keep it under control but I am curious if it has something to do specifically with the nail. I have sensitive skin sure, but my fiancé has no issue with it.

my girlfriend has the same issue, and i have no problem what so ever, she has super-sensitive skin as well so it could just be that. Is there anything that you have found works well, she just washes her hand and arm after handling? i'd love to pass the info onto her

And no ill never wear a glove. Unpersonable in my eyes. While handling I find I get itchy bumps where they were crawling all over me... The flare up and sometimes get itchy. Of course will good hand washing and cream I keep it under control but I am curious if it has something to do specifically with the nail. I have sensitive skin sure, but my fiancé has no issue with it.

This happens to some keepers and seems to be a slight allergic reaction. Just wear long sleeves and keep the cage branches clean just in case it happens to be a sensitivity to bacteria.

The best thing, which stings is hand sanitizer. I get the same reaction as cat scratches. It cleans it and stops the itch. I never thought I could be allergic !!! It won't stop me from loving them and enjoying them though :). I just wanted to know :)

my girlfriend has the same issue, and i have no problem what so ever, she has super-sensitive skin as well so it could just be that. Is there anything that you have found works well, she just washes her hand and arm after handling? i'd love to pass the info onto her

Hand sanitizer and non scented curel cream is how I get by

In my experience it horns with veiled chameleons more than any of the other species. For a long time I've wondered if it's true about the veileds. Has anyone had it happening with any other species?

Yeah, same thing happens to me. My Jackson's has the strongest death grip (especially if I am moving when he's on my hand/arm) - so I try not to move, or else I'll have mini red bumps in two or threes in a pattern/line. :)

Yeah, same thing happens to me. My Jackson's has the strongest death grip (especially if I am moving when he's on my hand/arm) - so I try not to move, or else I'll have mini red bumps in two or threes in a pattern/line. :)

My male veiled is intense !! His nails are sharp but I sneezed earlier and got the death grip, I think I startled the poor guy!!

I get the bumbs from chameleons with really sharp nails (often females) and ones with really strong death grips (the worst is when they have sharp nails AND a death grip! I itch for hours.) I've had it happen with my veileds, my panthers, and my mellers. I have sensitive skin. I just deal with it or I wear latex/nitrile gloves if I dont want to deal with it.

I get the same thing too even with my geckos. IMO I think it has to do with whether u have thin or thick skin, those sharp nails prolly somehow penetrate those w thin skin and cause some reaction. As with those who don't get those bumps,u prolly got thick thick skin. Haha just my 2 cents worth

Back
Top Bottom