some advise please

Dopey_680

Ok so Lexi doesnt have sunken eyes,... still eating a ton, pooping regularly,... but remains a dark brown for most of the day,... when i wake up(6ish) shes vibrant and starts to turn tarker around 9 from 9 am to about 3 or 4 pm she normally stays really dark then she gets all bright and green again,....

can someone tell me what the devil is going on? she seems to be irrateted or mad at something

I would say shes about a year old and is in a 3X2X1 screen cage with foliage, mist system, repti-bark coconut substrate, live peace lily and pothos which she enjoys to eat both,.... actually she likes to eat em to much cause im on my third pease lillyt hat shes totally eaten,... but i dont get whats wrong with her,.... anything?

P.S. her day temps are 90-100* and humidity is around 30-40%

I would need some more details to give a real opinion. Do you see her drinking? If so, how often? Do you have any experience raising a female chameleon? What is the full temperature gradient of the cage? How are you adding supplements and what kind of schedule do you use?

Dopey_680 said:
live peace lily and pothos which she enjoys to eat both,.... actually she likes to eat em to much cause im on my third pease lillyt hat shes totally eaten,...

Hi... perhaps it is the peace lily. They are considered mildly to moderately toxic because of the high levels of calcium oxalate crystals. Pothos have them too, but it is my understanding it is a lower level. You might want to consider changing out the plant to a safe one. If she is eating alot of it, it can cause swelling in her mouth and lips, etc. I am sure it could become uncomfortable, and may be the cause of her stress.

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/poisonsinformationcentre/plants_fungi/peacelily.asp

Her humidity may be a little low, also. Might want to bump it up a bit.

Heika

Back
Top Bottom