So wait... are we all fogging now?

I was worse than you my first year... So I totally get it.

Sick veiled vs a healthy panther... two very very different things. You have set yourself up for success with him. Try to breath in between panic attacks lol
Good morning :) Not panicking this time, I promise. But the last 2 days I've noticed it's taken him a long time to start moving around from his sleeping area. It's almost 11:30am now (his lights go on at 7am) and he's moved, but not much. he's still in that general area. He was pretty dark when I checked on him, too. The first couple of days it didn't seem like this but I also wasn't home the second day he was here, nor did I have the camera yet. Is this pretty normal? He really moved around great all day yesterday, exploring his cage. So I wonder if he just likes to relax for a while before getting warmth?

Good morning :) Not panicking this time, I promise. But the last 2 days I've noticed it's taken him a long time to start moving around from his sleeping area. It's almost 11:30am now (his lights go on at 7am) and he's moved, but not much. he's still in that general area. He was pretty dark when I checked on him, too. The first couple of days it didn't seem like this but I also wasn't home the second day he was here, nor did I have the camera yet. Is this pretty normal? He really moved around great all day yesterday, exploring his cage. So I wonder if he just likes to relax for a while before getting warmth?
The enclosure is still new to him. He is still in that adjustment period. Did you already add feeders to his run?

The enclosure is still new to him. He is still in that adjustment period. Did you already add feeders to his run?
Yes but he would never see them from where he is. he likes to sleep in the back of the enclosure about 1/4 of the way down. he's slowly starting to move around now

I think little man is still just settling in. :)
Yep :) he's all over the place in there already. I guess I just have to drop this mentality that chameleons wake up, and immediately seek to bask, devour over a dozen bugs, and then explore. He will do things as he wants lol

I think little man is still just settling in. :)
yesssssssss lol he's eating from it :D edit: he walked away from the feeder so I just checked it and... he ate a LOT of crickets :) this makes me so happy lol

1690735580116.png

Mine is a Front up into the inside of the cage with two 2 inch PVC pipes the discharge it at the top of the cage , on my tamura designs I have a piece of inch PVC with several holes drilled in it . And on my 2 x 4 x 4. It runs up in a sheep’s foot in the back. I don’t know why it would be coming right back out unless the entire enclosure was filled with fog fog will fall not rise. Another thing that will happen is water droplets will accumulate on top of the screen, not allowing the fog to penetrate so it must go through the screen
I don’t know why but I am finding myself having this same type of issue.. I observed it again this morning. I have increased fan use for more air flow and now I just watch the fog go in and right back out in a u shape. There has to be a way for this to not happen but I’m just not sure what it is. I was up at 4 am and the humidity was barely over 60 and I looked and it’s just sucking its self right back out the top… STUMPED 🤔

I don’t know why but I am finding myself having this same type of issue.. I observed it again this morning. I have increased fan use for more air flow and now I just watch the fog go in and right back out in a u shape. There has to be a way for this to not happen but I’m just not sure what it is. I was up at 4 am and the humidity was barely over 60 and I looked and it’s just sucking its self right back out the top… STUMPED 🤔
Disregard I’ll figure it out when I do a husbandry review once I set up new enclosure 🤣

That’s what I was having trouble with. I haven’t used it since though because my night temps aren’t low enough. My boyfriend wanted to cut a hole in the side and stick the tube in there. And idk, it’s a dragon strand hybrid and I had a hard enough time with cutting holes in the top screen for my misters😂 what I’m doing right now is giving a boost in the night with my misters. Im still not achieving the higher humidity but urates are good so I’m playing that by ear. Winter time I will be able to start using the fogger again.
Do you think it’s maybe the angle of the tube? I couldn’t get it straight on like I could with my homemade screen enclosure. I was thinking maybe like using hard pvc tubing and snaking it up there so it’s more rigid.

I may be able to help with this.

Just to be clear, are you saying that your fog is "bouncing" off the top of the enclosure basically, instead of falling through the screen? If this is the case, could you show me a pic of how you have your setup? I'd need to see the the entire tubing from where it gets to the enclosure, all the way back to the fogger.

That’s what I was having trouble with. I haven’t used it since though because my night temps aren’t low enough. My boyfriend wanted to cut a hole in the side and stick the tube in there. And idk, it’s a dragon strand hybrid and I had a hard enough time with cutting holes in the top screen for my misters😂 what I’m doing right now is giving a boost in the night with my misters. Im still not achieving the higher humidity but urates are good so I’m playing that by ear. Winter time I will be able to start using the fogger again.
Do you think it’s maybe the angle of the tube? I couldn’t get it straight on like I could with my homemade screen enclosure. I was thinking maybe like using hard pvc tubing and snaking it up there so it’s more rigid.
I would not cut holes for a fogger. I do not do this. Could you also take a pic of your fogger, and the entire tubing leading up to where it reaches the enclosure, please?

I may be able to help with this.

Just to be clear, are you saying that your fog is "bouncing" off the top of the enclosure basically, instead of falling through the screen? If this is the case, could you show me a pic of how you have your setup? I'd need to see the the entire tubing from where it gets to the enclosure, all the way back to the fogger.
No it’s not bouncing off my tube is secured on to the top of the screen by way of ghetto rigging 🤣 and it enters into the enclosure and then is sucked right back out… also @Throwingstones I have the dragon strand as well… that makes me feel better I am not the only one. Maybe there is something to it not being “rigid” enough I cannot now remember if when I used the sheep’s foot it did the same… I’ll have to keep playing around with it… but the new set up I’m going to be doing could help too who knows. I’m just glad to hear I’m not the only one who has struggled with this because I’m feeling like I’m losing my mind a bit as it seems so baffling to most 🤣

No it’s not bouncing off my tube is secured on to the top of the screen by way of ghetto rigging 🤣 and it enters into the enclosure and then is sucked right back out… also @Throwingstones I have the dragon strand as well… that makes me feel better I am not the only one. Maybe there is something to it not being “rigid” enough I cannot now remember if when I used the sheep’s foot it did the same… I’ll have to keep playing around with it… but the new set up I’m going to be doing could help too who knows. I’m just glad to hear I’m not the only one who has struggled with this because I’m feeling like I’m losing my mind a bit as it seems so baffling to most 🤣
How close is the fog line to your pc fan? If they are right next to each other this is the issue. You need to move them to different areas.

How close is the fog line to your pc fan? If they are right next to each other this is the issue. You need to move them to different areas.
And maybe that is part of the problem I’m running out of room on top to make everything work 🤣 I have the two pc fans on low (my husband doesn’t like hearing them so by using two on low it works best) and then my jungle dawn, ubv a bar for a hanging plant and the fogging tube. I’ll move it around and reconfigure see what that does 🙂

I would not cut holes for a fogger. I do not do this. Could you also take a pic of your fogger, and the entire tubing leading up to where it reaches the enclosure, please?
When I tried to use it the aim was a little different like it was more aiming down onto the screen. I wasn’t going to fiddle with it again until my night temps started dropping more. My pc fans are at the other side and I did turn them off to see if that helps and it didn’t.

Attachments

• IMG_7419.jpeg
    IMG_7419.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7420.jpeg
    IMG_7420.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 26
When I tried to use it the aim was a little different like it was more aiming down onto the screen. I wasn’t going to fiddle with it again until my night temps started dropping more. My pc fans are at the other side and I did turn them off to see if that helps and it didn’t.
Oh I see. I used a piece of pvc tubing to guide my tube so that it’s pointing directly down into the screen

And maybe that is part of the problem I’m running out of room on top to make everything work 🤣 I have the two pc fans on low (my husband doesn’t like hearing them so by using two on low it works best) and then my jungle dawn, ubv a bar for a hanging plant and the fogging tube. I’ll move it around and reconfigure see what that does
Yeah I found that the fog line really needed to be on the opposite side of the cage from the fans.

Ok so 2 things I see that could potentially be causing this.

1) The point where your fog comes out and into your enclosure looks REALLY close to your lights. So a lot of it may be bouncing off of that and then not quite going to where you want it to. Especially considering the angle you have the tube pointed in. Which is fine! I actually usually have mine at a pretty good slant. But the angle allows the fog to mostly go into the enclosure. Fog is WEIRD (I've been up late at night a lot to check on mine for months now lol).

2) Your tubing is slanted a bit going up and it's tightened in the middle. One thing I noticed when I had an issue with fog going back down was the tube wasn't straight enough, and/or the tube was crinkled in areas it shouldn't be. The fog needs a nice "free and easy" route from the fogger to your enclosure. Make sure your tube is ONLY really crinkled at the very bottom/base. tightening/crinkling it when bending at the top is fine. You have to do that. Just don't combine a bunch of tube together. I am not exactly sure why this is, but I've noticed it has an impact.

I edited your picture to give you a visual reference. Try this and let me know how this works/doesn't work and we can take it from there.

1694276367561.png

Back
Top Bottom