So spring has officially come....

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
Once again my days are brightened by babies and mating insects. I saw paired snails twice this week. My orange heads are reaching sexual maturity faster than expected. I have baby Halloween hissers and molting hissers. Baby snails from before are growing extremely fast. Isopod babies are everywhere, my dubias are exploding and growing <3. Stick insects are once again hatching. I have jumping spider slings coming out my ears, new scorpions. I just couldn't be happier lol. What is making everyone else happy this month?

But first, how are you doing these days? Think I came across a topic where you said you weren't doing to great...

Other than the weather improving I have not much that makes me extra happy right now...
The shed is coming along nicely and I hope to place plants this Friday, that should already put a little smile on my face... Moving the chams into their new home will be the real joy... They'll have way more space, especially Wurma who's going to nearly 3x the size enclosure he has right now...
Talking about Wurma he's also being a downer right now, the situation with the eye and all... He's still looking healthy and losing little to no weight but I don't really see the swelling go down so I guess meds aren't working and I fear I will have to bring him to the vet for surgery and he may lose that eye...

But first, how are you doing these days? Think I came across a topic where you said you weren't doing to great...

Other than the weather improving I have not much that makes me extra happy right now...
The shed is coming along nicely and I hope to place plants this Friday, that should already put a little smile on my face... Moving the chams into their new home will be the real joy... They'll have way more space, especially Wurma who's going to nearly 3x the size enclosure he has right now...
Talking about Wurma he's also being a downer right now, the situation with the eye and all... He's still looking healthy and losing little to no weight but I don't really see the swelling go down so I guess meds aren't working and I fear I will have to bring him to the vet for surgery and he may lose that eye...
I am so sorry to hear about Wurma. I was so hopeful he would be getting better. Just keep trying to find small happiness in the little things. It's what keeps me going.

That thread was older. The pain is under control. I am shipping regularly now as long as the weather isn't hateful. But my mood and emotions is what's not doing so well right now. So I find happiness when my animals are doing better.

I hope Wurma starts doing well or he does amazing with the surgery

Weather still sucks here. Luckily I'm going to florida in a few days. Otherwise my critters are all doing well. Found a colony of the yellow porcelain roaches in my bin. I thought they weren't doing well and only saw 2 of them for awhile until I dug around. Snails are struggling a bit, I have to change their bin. Cant wait to get some outside free ranges set up soon.

I am so sorry to hear about Wurma. I was so hopeful he would be getting better. Just keep trying to find small happiness in the little things. It's what keeps me going.

That thread was older. The pain is under control. I am shipping regularly now as long as the weather isn't hateful. But my mood and emotions is what's not doing so well right now. So I find happiness when my animals are doing better.

I hope Wurma starts doing well or he does amazing with the surgery
I asked my wife to apply eyedrops 2x during the day from now when I'm at work, to increase the dosage.
She's not really into reptiles so she doesn't check em daily but according to her the swelling is a lot smaller... I do not notice the change as I see him daily but if it's improving then we may be on the right track!

Post a picture I remember what it used to look like so if you post a recent pic I can see if I can tell. And I definitely don't see him every day. <3

@jamest0o0 I am so glad you found some porcelain roaches. Why are you going to Florida if I may ask?

Post a picture I remember what it used to look like so if you post a recent pic I can see if I can tell. And I definitely don't see him every day. <3

@jamest0o0 I am so glad you found some porcelain roaches. Why are you going to Florida if I may ask?
y4mloLHqah2WFOny8_aBUPPLBRrYh5Cjy2pPx1uOABlO_XeMT4ylLJ0BP2U3yCPAK3EhyEcelx43ZyJyoWnSKJ1q8zdHIUBVwPZxKmKL6qypBSkt9ZQGnRJoXNUc3bNxs4mGqSU2UkbVU7osOE7Iaj3NMy8TasqKwGdAlGp6lX3rUqXPTmWALZx0G9WxLcyMytPUE137gaxNqI5Qp3rbg7QHA

I do also think it looks better right now but the skin may just look a bit more lose because he didn't hydrate recently. I'm careful in my optimism.

Yeah I've had the same porcelain roaches for awhile, but I thought most died when my heat went off and it got like 30 degrees for a little. But they are doing great now in a little bio set up I have them in.

And I'm going to florida for a little vacation before our baby is due. Going to check out some neighborhoods too. We would like to move there in a year or two.

It's still up in the air. We really like Florida, but southern cali is nice too and my family is there. Cali does have nice weather, but is also more expensive than florida. I guess it depends on what options are available for us. I'll be going to cali in december for my sister's wedding too so gonna check out some places when I'm there. Gotta touch up on my espanol lol. I'm the only one in the fam that isn't fluent in Spanish :(

y4mj7p2BSWC_3lRx_Kg68JQelO-46Wdt4rsHAkG81m1ppK2yg0blmdTK5dHC0JVybyVCjIJwfBhWrGB7yyRYiVKlYcv1jM2z7ZRV-BQgzsMZW_TcBb_CmaNO_W0qhmmv3KIxnslvQ8pqM6PLLzSRkqoBYDKdGEEVRFxkyJ0IA4jd0gusf6e1jMIdkycRawAKDrZuaxilQYkbXcImPiwXD0D9A

Oringal picture you can see his swelling has gone down massively.

It's even gone down here

y4mpqI8Lsz7vIPGJf-2-JlR2oI7dnnxuRpaJMyjmsZhS3XUKhd6RGKjSCHSisJjFetmzdWfOYuR7nLbPbp7BscupP4Fnc7NI4IbOH-5Q0Y-4txxx5nlCayDFlmAmx6LaOsehxwwlA7LR7rjnN6vT7QNK4qljuHX3BuqQuDBU-a8vnZt5EOrSj33mcgPOklR3AyDX9r5uA5wtCMi6OUk0IjCnQ
Well the first picture was before the swelling got drained by the vet, the 2nd was a few days ago, so first pic would only confirm that no new liquid got into the swelling.
But we'll see how it goes the comming days. It will make my season if he fully recovers!

Speaking of spring... when can I expect to start seeing Black Soldier Flies? I live in Maryland and we had flurries last weekend 30 degrees Monday but today its supposed to get up to 80. I want to get a bin out but don't want to get it out too soon and get pest flies in it.

Speaking of spring... when can I expect to start seeing Black Soldier Flies? I live in Maryland and we had flurries last weekend 30 degrees Monday but today its supposed to get up to 80. I want to get a bin out but don't want to get it out too soon and get pest flies in it.
Your lows have to be pretty stable for any breeding at like 50-60

Sounds like everyone is starting off spring great! So nice to hear all the wonderful news from everyone. We just had a weird cold snap here, but it should pass. So excited for Camryn's second summer!

Back
Top Bottom