Feeders exploding

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
So the stick insects are going through their cycle. I must wait for more babies to pop up again. This post is about the new feeders I am excited to work with though. I have some katydid ova and also a katydid adult female! My surinam colony, orange head, ivory head, halloween hissers, and dubias are doing amazing. The snails are the only ones I am currently having problems with. I need to get something new.... I have the itch for a new feeder species and I am not sure which yet.

wax worms
a new species of roach
isopods
fruit flies
mantids

(crickets will come but not until after november)

I will be shipping again extremely soon I think and taking on new orders. Once I finish testing stuff, getting things set up, etc etc. It seems my fear of being unable to ship the rest of this year has come to an end.

I'm breeding some waxworms now which is really easy. The only mistake I made was putting the adults in the feed where probably half or more died. Now I just leave them out in a cup until they turn brown and then dump them in the substrate to turn into moths. Very few loses doing it that way.

I'm breeding some waxworms now which is really easy. The only mistake I made was putting the adults in the feed where probably half or more died. Now I just leave them out in a cup until they turn brown and then dump them in the substrate to turn into moths. Very few loses doing it that way.

What do you mean the adults? More mature larvae, or moths? I've tried a couple of times, and always lost all my larvae. They turn brown, but they're desiccated, not pupating... I think. Maybe I've watched some really bad videos.

I get fully grown larvae and just leave them in a box until they are brown and then put them on top of the substrate in the jars. I tried putting the larvae in the jars before they turned brown and most of them died and never puppated.

Back
Top Bottom