So, plant cover..

I use 6500 daylight bulbs. I run 2 for each enclosure. I use these ones specifically and they come with the daylight bulb https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html

Others use LED options. I like the jungle dawn light bars. I don't know too much about those though.

Whatever you choose your plants will need the additional lighting to support health and growth. Otherwise they slowly die off. Pothos are about the only ones that grow no matter what you do to them. But if you have grow lights they thrive.

I have seen some people overdo it with lighting. Like a ton of T5 and led's. You just don't want to overdo it. But the right lighting is not harmful at all for the cham.

Keep in mind additional lighting will make temps at the top rise a bit. So you have to take that into consideration. :)
Awesome! So happy to get your opinion honestly you have been such an amazing help on both of my posts that I have made. My girlfriends dad is in the cannabis industry so theres a bunch of lights around here, somewhere. Ill attatch a photo of the lights that i currently have on the cage. Also looking into wire racks that I can drill into this closet thing thats in my partners room!! Definetly want the chameleon I end up getting to be living that luxurious life and not risking any burns or malnutrition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 109
Awesome! So happy to get your opinion honestly you have been such an amazing help on both of my posts that I have made. My girlfriends dad is in the cannabis industry so theres a bunch of lights around here, somewhere. Ill attatch a photo of the lights that i currently have on the cage. Also looking into wire racks that I can drill into this closet thing thats in my partners room!! Definetly want the chameleon I end up getting to be living that luxurious life and not risking any burns or malnutrition.
My pleasure... Just make sure if it is a closet like area that the cage is not on the floor and that there is air flow.

We put a lot of moisture into our enclosures. So airflow is needed or mold can grow ;)

If the fixtures are T5 with a metal reflector then they would work for daylight bulbs.... https://www.bigalspets.com/zoo-med-ultra-sun-6500k-super-daylight-t5-ho-lamps.html?sku=26220
I use these bulbs to replace my others when they burn out. 6500k bulbs. If your fixture is 24 inches then the bulb that fits in should be 22 inches. If it is a T5 or a T8 is where you have to clarify because you would need the correct bulb type for the fixture.

My pleasure... Just make sure if it is a closet like area that the cage is not on the floor and that there is air flow.

We put a lot of moisture into our enclosures. So airflow is needed or mold can grow ;)

If the fixtures are T5 with a metal reflector then they would work for daylight bulbs.... https://www.bigalspets.com/zoo-med-ultra-sun-6500k-super-daylight-t5-ho-lamps.html?sku=26220
I use these bulbs to replace my others when they burn out. 6500k bulbs. If your fixture is 24 inches then the bulb that fits in should be 22 inches. If it is a T5 or a T8 is where you have to clarify because you would need the correct bulb type for the fixture.
Hit the jackpot! Just finished cleaning this up. Hoping to go buy 2 6500k bulbs for this (its the blue one right?)
Also im going to hopefully find a cheap wire rack for the closet, yes it is elevated and I am currently in the process of making a little table (4-6 inches higher) for a drainage system. Its low traffic, maybe a lazy cat will stroll in and take a nap (buying a forest looking tapestry and making a curtain thingy so he gets adequate darkness in the room and doesn’t get too stressed if there is more than one person in the room). I can take a picture of where it sits if you want as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 110
Hit the jackpot! Just finished cleaning this up. Hoping to go buy 2 6500k bulbs for this (its the blue one right?)
Also im going to hopefully find a cheap wire rack for the closet, yes it is elevated and I am currently in the process of making a little table (4-6 inches higher) for a drainage system. Its low traffic, maybe a lazy cat will stroll in and take a nap (buying a forest looking tapestry and making a curtain thingy so he gets adequate darkness in the room and doesn’t get too stressed if there is more than one person in the room). I can take a picture of where it sits if you want as well
The sunblaze will work perfectly. What do you mean by the blue one?

The sunblaze will work perfectly. What do you mean by the blue one?
Im not exactly sure myself. Theres certain bulbs that give off red and blue light right? Maybe its the basking bulbs im thinking about. Just don’t want to grab a plant light that ends up not being good for chameleons, but I’m actually about to go grab plywood (for a 4 inch high table for the drainage) and some 6500k full spectrum bulbs hopefully!

Im not exactly sure myself. Theres certain bulbs that give off red and blue light right? Maybe its the basking bulbs im thinking about. Just don’t want to grab a plant light that ends up not being good for chameleons, but I’m actually about to go grab plywood (for a 4 inch high table for the drainage) and some 6500k full spectrum bulbs hopefully!
Ohhhh ok yeah I know what your talking about... The 6500 daylight bulbs produce a white light. You can use 6400 or 6500. And I bet your girlfriends dad has them already... Should be printed on the ends of the bulbs.

Ohhhh ok yeah I know what your talking about... The 6500 daylight bulbs produce a white light. You can use 6400 or 6500. And I bet your girlfriends dad has them already... Should be printed on the ends of the bulbs.
No, hes only got the longer ones. No problem though! Currently shopping for a couple bulbs and a wire rack.

Back
Top Bottom