So how am I doing?

jesse57

I have had my chameleon for a month now, how am I doing

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - veiled,female, about 3 months old, and one month in care
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?-once a day
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I fed about 10 crickets a day

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? A spray her about 3 times a day, i c her drink a lot
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?her droppings are white

Cage Info:
Cage Type -all screen about 5 feet tall
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 2 basking spots and 24wat 5.0 uvb bulb
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?75-90f throughout the cage
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? 90
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? one small plant forget names but mostly vines
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? I have the cage near a window to allow natural light
Location - Where are you geographically located?- Ontario-Canada

Crikey theres alot of questions there, isnt there! A quick look says your on the right track. Any pics? :)

p.s natural light is good but droughts or streaming sunlight are not, be sure direct sun doesn't overheat
your lizard through the window.

For gut loading I have gutload from zoo-med and the cruises have acces to that 24/7 and I give her calcium powered daily and monthly.

im sure others will be more help but you should deffinately be gutloading better there are great threadds here at the forum and you should use cal without d3 every feeding cal with d3 twice a month and a multivite twice a month

im sure others will be more help but you should deffinately be gutloading better there are great threadds here at the forum and you should use cal without d3 every feeding cal with d3 twice a month and a multivite twice a month

That is correct for supplementation. Gutloading mixes from stores are never adequate or complete in all the nutrition your cham needs. You need to be giving the crickets fresh fruits and vegetables to work through the food chain to get your cham the nutrients it needs. This site has excellent info on the commonly available fruits and veggies. You want to provide lots of dark leafy greens that are higher in calcium than phosphorus and avoid produce high in oxalates or goitrogens. That site is made for iguanas but the exact same concepts apply. You can still use the zoomed gutload in addition to that, but it's not enough by itself.

90% humidity, did i read that wrong? You wont need to mist thats for sure. Good luck with your new cham.

since the gutooading issue has been adressed already the other main thing I noticed was your highest temp being 90. That is a tad too hot for a female veiled (especially a baby) try keeping the hottest spot around 82. Can you post a pic of you enclosure, everyone likes pics. PS. where in Canada are you from? its always nice to see fellow Canadians on here.

you should be aiming for around 40-50% humidity throughout the day with higher spikes when you mist. try not to mist as much as too much moisture can be just as bad as too little.

Back
Top Bottom