smoking chameleons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolitt

is marijuana smoke bad for chameleons? i know that smoke itself is harmful but is there anything particularly bad for them in the marijuana smoke? im wondering if anyone has smoked marijuana near or with one? im looking for unbiased answers so dont start to tell me im an idiot for smoking. i am asking this for the sake of the chameleon, not myself.

thanks

I tend to hold the opinion that I rather my guys not inhale any sort of smoke, just because they're so little that even a little bit of something harmful is a lot to them. And marijuana smoke causes harm to human lungs (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080123104017.htm) so I can only assume that the same is true for chameleons. I would keep him in a different room or smoke outside if possible, so he's not exposed to it often/in large quantities.

Any smoke is bad for chameleons. Even air freshners. Any polutinent is bad for any creature. Human and animal alike.

its not going to be a positive thing in the chams envornment and i would definatly keep the smoke as far away as possible, but i do a friend who is a avid smoker and so are his roommates and they used to keep chams and had 2 or 3 that lived long lives 4-5 yrs.
but you gotta think they do not get exposed to such things in the wild

Ya ,I believe that chameleons smoke pot in the wild all the time. But lets use our brain here...SMOKE of ANY kind and WATER in the lungs KILL just about anything,so I ask why would you want to smoke ANYTHING with your cham? This is a no brainer for sure.

if none of you realize it yet..but read my name..its obvious..as for my babies..maybe when they are 21 they can dabble in this stuff..my whole family has always kept it away from pets, children, or anything that has noxious carbons, like cigarettes too outside, or in the special room ( has an open window a fan and those sharper image filters)..just not a good idea to expose them to "herb" smoke, or any kind of smoke for that matter (would you want your baby child to be exposed?? just think of it like that):D

its not going to be a positive thing in the chams envornment and i would definatly keep the smoke as far away as possible, but i do a friend who is a avid smoker and so are his roommates and they used to keep chams and had 2 or 3 that lived long lives 4-5 yrs.
but you gotta think they do not get exposed to such things in the wild

I have witnessed the same..but since im no longer 15 and have a higher value on life, i just cant smoke in the same room with them like i did when i was young ( mistake making age)..lol

has anyone ever tried exhaling smoke directly towards your cham to get them high? lolol

has anyone ever tried exhaling smoke directly towards your cham to get them high? lolol

I hope thats a late april fools cuz if not you are sooo asking for trouble on here good luck!!

I would hope you have have more respect for your animals then that :) so I'm going to take that as a bad joke!!

I didn't realize you could smoke chameleons....LOL :D The name of this thread caught me off guard. As to the above post, I think it's insufferable when people try and get their animals "high". In my opinion, if the animal can't make this choice on it's on, like you can, it shouldn't be forced into it. Ever think that maybe, just maybe, they don't like it? Not to mention the fact that it can be detrimental to their health. If you make the choice to smoke weed, then that is just it...it is YOUR choice....so keep it to YOURself.

I didn't realize you could smoke chameleons....LOL :D The name of this thread caught me off guard. As to the above post, I think it's insufferable when people try and get their animals "high". In my opinion, if the animal can't make this choice on it's on, like you can, it shouldn't be forced into it.

hahaha I was thinking that too what smoking a chameleon!?!?!
and totally agree about the rest!!

of course they smoke, and they like a strong drink once in while to get them in the mood. ;)

flukersad.jpg

FLUKER'S AD Above

Can I tell you your an idiot for asking a question to which you know the obvious answer?
Seriously, why do you need to ask? Nobody, excepting perhaps a curious cham owning stoner, has ever bothered to find out if lizards can get stoned. Why not apply for grant and study it if you want specific science?
Your question, which is far from the first, annoys me, not because I care less if you smoke, but because its a stupid pointless question and you already know the answer.
Boring!!
NEXT......

I wonder if chams get cancer. I know the smoke is harmful in other ways but like anything else i doubt it would be harmful unless it was done often.

They do get cancer but I don't know what can cause it in chameleons.
I had a panther chameleon (male) that lost its eye to cancer.

Excessive UVA however can be a problem, causing blindness, skin damage, immune dysfunction, skin erythema , punctate keratitis, blepharospasm, cataracts, pterygium, photodermatitis, skin cancer around eye, conjunctivitus and precursor lesion - melanoma.
http://www.ukchameleons.co.uk/uvlightingresearchv2.htm

“It may be that animals that give birth to live young, such as humans and some lizards, have an increased susceptibility to cancer.”
http://freshscience.org.au/?p=2006"

Reptiles and cancer By Margaret A. Wissman, DVM, DABVP

http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-health/lizard-health/herps-and-cancer.aspx

For the OP (make of this what you will)
Cannabis Smoke Is Less Likely To Cause Cancer Than Tobacco Smoke
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/10/051019003339.htm

I hope thats a late april fools cuz if not you are sooo asking for trouble on here good luck!!

I would hope you have have more respect for your animals then that :) so I'm going to take that as a bad joke!!

lol it wasnt a joke!! i have lots of friends who get their dogs/cats/reptiles high by exhaling into them, and they always act hilarious! i havent done it to my cham, but i was wondering if anyone else has...doesnt seem too out of this world right? lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom